UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I feel so terrible even saying this. How do colleges do it in mass numbers :sob:

I want to believe that if we didn’t get our rejection now it’s actually for an admission next week LOL

4 Likes

bruh. there’s no way that was the only wave of acceptances. none of my friends, most of whom are relatively smart with good stats, have heard back, other than 1 waitlist. So there will most likely be another wave, maybe not today, but have faith.

U See I ???

why do they do this to us. im stressed

2 Likes

My goal was to get into one UC… guess this isn’t the one lol

Will it be next week if not by 6:30?

1 Like

They did 3 waves today (accepted, waitlisted, rejected) so that could mean that there will be more waves next week other than rejections?

1 Like

Yeah perhaps.

Congrats to your daughter! It’s a great program!

1 Like

can we have @gumbymom weigh in on this pls

2 Likes

Don’t give me hope

2 Likes

2 years ago, they released decisions by major and it took a while (more than 1 day). Not sure what happened last year.

I just got this info, posted by @Gumbymom in a different thread.

Acceptance rates for UCI from 2020, based on capped weighted GPA, not major-specific

3.0 - 3.39 1%
3.4 - 3.79 9%
3.8 - 4.19 38%
4.2 or above 60%

So, yeah, it’s tough to get in with anything below 3.8 capped weighted, and even harder depending on major.

2 Likes

Yes fingers crossed it’s good news but have to expect the worst :sob:

No, UCI is the third hardest to get into, and the UC’s don’t just go by GPAs either.

1 Like

I work at a large public University financial aid office in CA. We send estimates early (before acceptance in many cases) to help parents and students make informed decisions about the cost of attending our University. It’s useful when students are comparing colleges and helps them make a more informed decision.

1 Like

You will get a decision posted in your portal regardless.

rejected just now

Yep, just recieved the rejection…