UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Waitlisted. Im honestly SO shocked… I thought i would for sure get in. Super bummed but congrats to everyone else

4 Likes

Rejected CS :cry:
In-state, 4.3W

Best wishes to everyone here, but I am disappointed to see a pattern of so many acceptances for OOS, and rejections for in-state applicants. I know this is a small sample, but everyone in this group has impressive credentials! It seems that in recent years, the UCs are taking more OOS. Is it partly because OOS pay an extra $29,000 in annual tuition?

5 Likes

yeah money-hungry

3 Likes

Daughter accepted at 4:20 pst.

MAE Aerospace

In state

ZOT!!!

5 Likes

congrats to your daughter

1 Like

Our son was accepted tonight but Undeclared. Not exactly sure how hard it would be to transfer to one of his chosen majors. His first choice major was Business Information Management. Second choice was Informatics. Has anyone on here been accepted to one of these majors?

GPA (Uweighted): 3.95
GPA (UC Capped): 4.30
GPA (UC Uncapped): 4.54

got rejected for nursing :frowning:

Son into CS program
3 of 400 at pretty good Silicon Valley HS
Passionate Chef
Environmentalist
Track & X Country
Speech/Debate
Solid cohesive essays
Banquet waiter
300+ Warriors and Giants games
Intact family
Many other advantages and privileges that he rarely wasted…
and he was still lucky to get in.
My heart goes out to all not accepted or waiting.
I got a great education at a CC and SJSU before moving on to professional school.
Ultimately and eventually, it’s way more about who you are, than where you came from, whether everyone else you’ll meet along the way understands that or not.

9 Likes

kinda late but rejected around 8:30 p.m. PST. :confused: it’s alright, not meant to be. best of luck to those waiting to hear back and congrats to those who got in. :smiley:

3 Likes

hi just got accepted but i had questions about the scholarships they give out? have all three been announced yet or will they tell us with our financial aid reward if we got one or not?

1 Like

Congratulations! My son is still waiting for decision (also CS).

1 Like

DD accepted OOS for Biological sciences.

2 Likes

Daughter got acceptance at 4:22pm PST. Public Health major. 3.95/4.3/4.5. Not positive about GPA but she has 12 APs. In state from a big public high school. All of her friends got in too.

2 Likes

I heard my friend was on waitlist first and now accepted to alternative major…
why did this happen?

literally 2 hours after wl

So I got rejected last night, and not feeling too good today. I thought i had a pretty decent show at uc Irvine, and although I’m happy for her, a classmate of mine with relatively similar profile to mine ( tho mine I do feel was stronger) got in, so it’s really hitting me hard

I think i may have estimated my chances wrong, or looked at stats with my supposed gpa and overestimated my acceptance
Does anyone know how to calculate UC GPA for intl students with pcerntage / Mark’s in their transcripts. Could give me an idea about ky shot at other UCs, all of which are my top choices. It’s unpredictable, I know but just would give me a little up that’s all. I’m an intl applicant

2 Likes

when did ucsb come out?

Congrats, all! Thrilled to say that my daughter was accepted to dance, too. I’m a UCI alum, so this is even more exciting!

2 Likes

I think it’s coming out on Tuesday, they probably got an early acceptance for regents scholarship or something.