UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Isn’t Berkeley coming out on 25th?

Last week with a chancellors scholarship. His dad is a faculty member and he won some prestigious international STEM awards to compensate for lower grades.

The UC’s have a cap on the # of OOS applicants they are allowed to admit and yes they pay higher tuition but they also have a very low yield in matriculation which was around 5% last vs 27% for in-state applicants.

1 Like

Regents is the only scholarship that has been given so far.

1 Like

Would it help anyone if I were to decline admission right now? I want to help those on the waitlist, and I’ve already gotten into a school that I’d go to over UCI.

7 Likes

@yellowjello Yes, it would help but make sure you’re 100% sure

5 Likes

All my friends with similar stats like mine got waitlisted , its only me who got rejected. It hurts.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t care really, you’ll be fine at whatever school you choose. Do not sweat it!

2 Likes

Thanks. I got into UIUC but UCs are in state so hoping for them.

So I applied to UCI for CS in the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. My acceptance letter says my major is “Information and Computer Sciences/Undeclared.” It does say however that I was accepted into the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. Does this mean I got accepted into CS?

My son was admitted yesterday, undeclared.
UC/capped GPA 4.1; very competitive public HS. His ECs are xlnt, I’m sure they helped him. We are in-state.

2 Likes

No, it means you are Undeclared and will have to take the pre-req courses and maintain a specific GPA to change to CS. Just remember there is no guarantee that if you meet the GPA and course requirements, that you can change.

Computer Science:

Cumulative UC GPA Students must meet BOTH requirements:
Minimum of 2.7 GPA overall
Minimum GPA of 2.7 in the quarter immediately preceding the change of major

Course grades: A minimum GPA of 3.0 and no grade less than a C in ALL courses taken from those listed below. Completion of the following:
ICS 31 and ICS 32, or
ICS 32A and ICS 33, and
One or more of Math 2A, Math 2B, ICS 6B, ICS 6D, ICS 6N

2 Likes

Is it weird that I didnt recieve an email or anything?

1 Like

My kid got accepted yesterday, in state, Environmental Science and Policy.
GPA:
UW: 3.75
UCW: 4.15
Uncapped: 4.55

10 AP Classes, above avg EC, very personal essays.

Got waitlisted at SLO. Go figure. I think not being able to detail her EC and submit personal essays hurt her. Frankly without those, she is an average applicant.

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

S21 got rejected yesterday, CS major.
It’s all fine, we weren’t expecting nor relying on UCI to admit him.

Never received an email… my waitlist letter was in my portal

1 Like

Do you have to fill out scholarship application or FAFSA or anything at all for Reagents scholarship? Since we were not eligible for need based we didnt do any scholarship application.

Some schools require that the FASFA to be filled out since they need to verify the student is not eligible for any need-based aid. Did you or your student get Regents?

Regents is a merit based scholarship but if the recipient shows need, then with a combination of UC grants, Cal grants and Federal aid, the amount awarded can be higher.

My kid has very high stats and awards. So, I was curious if that would earn her the recognistion. Got accepted though.

Do you have a sense of whether this is even possible? Can students get into these classes? This also happened to my son - applied to CS but admitted undeclared.