UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son got in to UCI as “Computer Science/undeclare”, do this mean his first choice was CS, and Undeclare was second? when he applied, he only applied for CS.

@UCSD92683: This looks like the major he was admitted into: ICS Undeclared Pre-Major (for freshmen only):
New freshmen who want to first explore their interests in computer science and information technology before committing to a specific major may apply as ICS Undeclared. This option allows freshmen all the benefits of being a Bren School student, including access to an academic counselor who will help you structure a first-year academic plan that includes a core set of lower-division computer science and math courses common to the majors.

You can email or admissions for confirmation. This option seems like a better pathway into the CS major vs. just Undeclared.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten a financial aid package yet? I got in earlier because of regents, but I found that I had inputted my ssn incorrectly on the UC application, so I was wondering if that was why my financial aid package has been delayed or if its taking a while for everyone.

admissions said information will be given at the end of the month. I spoke with an admissions counselor a few days ago.

2 Likes

ah ok thanks

1 Like

In the application portal, it just says scholarship application is complete and scholarships will be released following admissions decisions (whatever that means, time-wise). I don’t think we qualify for financial aid, but scholarships would be great. Even without, the price in-state is great with us, compared to some of the private schools we were looking at.

1 Like

We are not too far from UCI it is commutable. Seeingthos D would not stay on campus I fear she would miss out on the college “experience”. Or would it still be awesome for her with opportunities for fun be involved / clubs etc?

I’d love to hear thoughts from any UCI past/current students :slight_smile:

Live on campus for at least a year or two if it’s financially feasible. It’s the best way for them to connect to the new community.

1 Like

I would encourage her to live on campus. She would have a much better experience.

I commuted to UCLA as a freshman and sophomore back in the day and never felt connected until I moved into the dorms as a junior!

2 Likes

I was put in UCI waitlist when decisions came out and my original major was biomedical engineering. If I was given a spot, would I be undeclared? And how hard would it be for me to declare myself as a biomedical engineer major in the future. I got accepted to UCR as biomed and UCSD as biochemistry but UCI has always been one of my dream schools. I’m unsure if I should keep my hopes up at this point or just go for another UC.

Does anyone know if UCI takes AP credit into account for class registration standings? Thx!

Here is the information to change majors. Just be aware that meeting the criteria does not guarantee a major change. I would contact the department to ask the chances of changing your major.

https://changeofmajor.uci.edu/engineering/

Yes, UCI appears to give credit for AP scores in assigning pass times.

https://www.reg.uci.edu/enrollment/windows.html

1 Like

We are in the same boat. We live in San Clemente but we are adamant that in spite of our proximity to UCI our kid will live on her own. We firmly believe that this is just as an important part of her development as going to college.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten their financial aid info yet?

How hard is it to change majors? My son got accepted at UCI with his second choice major for engineering. How hard is it to change to his first choice along the way?

Changing Engineering majors within the college is easier than between colleges. What major is he interested in changing to and what was the major he was admitted into at UCI?

Here is the link for changing majors with the Engineering College: Henry Samueli School of Engineering

Thank you! Do you know how hard it is to change the major within the Engineering College?