UC Irvine Class of 2027 Official Thread

We are still waiting on UCSD’s!

3 Likes

lol My DD the same… “Not even a sticker?!” But still grateful for the offer.

2 Likes

Ha! Right? Especially since my daughter says that UCI is now famous for its annual school sticker “run”! Who knew?? All About Petr: The Stickers That Stole Hearts At UC Irvine — Unfiltered Life at UCI

1 Like

Hmmmm trying to review DD’s FA package… however there is a disclosure information box hovering right above it that I can not close or move :frowning: Tried using a different browser with no luck. Anyone else experiencing the same>?

Even UCSD does not send stickers. DS21 had to cut stickers from other UCs to make it look like UCSD on his laptop :grin:.

Boo! We want stickers! :tired_face:

1 Like

In 2020, UCSD sent stickers. :trident:

2 Likes

I just checked my financial aid for uci and didn’t see the middle class scholarship despite qualifying for it for the other UC campuses. Does anyone know if they award it later or if I just didn’t qualify?

Not Brentwood, Brentwood is too rural compared to Irvine. There is no place really like Irvine in the Bay Area, the closest might be the tri-valley? Pleasanton, Dublin, and San Ramon, or Sunnyvale and Mountain View.

1 Like

That sounds about right to me. Maybe San Ramon + Danville but by the beach. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Unlike Pleasanton or Mountain View,

• Within 15min drive from Irvine, you have beautiful so-cal beaches and Newport Beach town.
  • Within 30min drive from Irvine, you have Disneyland.

PS: SF Bay Resident

True – but I think the attempted analogy wasn’t so much about location but rather about the type of community layout/design/vibe that it has.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and link! lol
DD is walking around wearing her Banana Slug “ears” from UCSC and commented they “moved up in her rankings”
Geeeez just give these kiddos a sticker! :)))

D’s friend lives in Brentwood and we don’t consider that the Bay Area :joy:

Hubby says Irvine is in Orange County like it means something to me. Politically he says it leans a certain direction. But lots of places lean that way and again that didn’t help.

D is really bad at texting back so safety is top of my list more than rankings. Both town and campus.

Irvine is nothing like SF. The city reminds me of the movie “The Truman Show”. It is a very expensive master planned development. Excellent school district and well maintained community. SoCal can be chaotic, however this area has a calm. I guess this is why tons are willing to battle the freeways each day to come home to this city. The town is large so you do not feel “surrounded” by other towns. Folks pay a premium price to live in this idyllic bubble and they like to keep it that way.

5 Likes

What’s the relationship like between the town and the college? Someone may have mentioned it? Is it like Davis and the college?

The Middle class scholarship is awarded in the summer after they see how many students qualify. Some schools include an estimate in their FA package and some do not.

2 Likes

Not like Davis where the town is an extension of the campus and fully integrated into campus life. Irvine is a typical suburban city which happens to also have a University within its boundaries.

3 Likes

We didn’t get the Middle Class Scholarship until the Fall after all fees were due. They sent it in a refund check.

3 Likes

We got stickers when we went for the local event from UCI here in Seattle.

3 Likes