UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

UCSB on 22nd and Berkeley on the 24th

1 Like

Message on the Reddit UCI board: A student heard from their school counselor that only honors students heard today. All other applicants will hear acceptance, waitlist, or denial beginning at 3PM, 3/18. Can’t independently confirm, but I think it may be consistent with last year.

15 Likes

UCI is still releasing admission now at 830pm pacific time.

2 Likes

I got a waitlist at UC Irvine today as Computer Science major. OOS

2 Likes

Does anyone know of anyone who got Regents?

Is it still only Honors?

1 Like

in-state, w/o Honor, nothing has changed :frowning:

1 Like

Well my kid is finally home. Accepted Mechanical Engineering, honors program. 4.0/4.5, 13 APs, lots of ECs, good essays, National merit finalist. Also got in at Cal Poly SLO and UCD — a good couple of days for him! (Btw he does not think he indicated interest for the honors program.) waiting for financial aid info and more decisions.

5 Likes

Has any one figured out how to look at financial aid offers?

Congratulations! Remember you hv lots of great options :slight_smile:
My D didn’t reply to the “Honour interest” before deadline :frowning: looks like we’ll just have to wait and see …

2 Likes

Wow CS is tough competition! pretty sure waitlist will move, all the BEST🍀

Will it continue to roll out thur the weekend on Sat and Sun?

1 Like

Thank you so much! The world feels awfully heavy these days, especially with my mom’s recent diagnosis, so knowing my daughter will be able to pursue her passion in college is truly a godsend. Wishing same for you and your daughter :performing_arts:

2 Likes

UC’s do not usually post decisions during the weekend.

3 Likes

So will it just stop rolling out until next Friday? Or it will continue on Monday? My daughter have UW4.0, UW4.57 and couple of her classmate got in UCI with campus wide honor last night but she is still waiting. She said she did click the honor buttom whem applied.

UCI has not given any specific dates for the next batch. Based on past history, the next wave should be by Friday March 18 but could be earlier. Also even if you did click that you are interested in the Honors College, it does not mean you will be invited.

3 Likes

I see. Thanks for your reply.

Notice that it’s rolling out from engineering, math, computer science and music. We haven’t seen business or biological sciences yet :thinking:

4 Likes

Anyone from Political Science get an acceptance (OOS)?

1 Like

Last year UCI apparently released some decisions Sunday

4 Likes