UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Any one got acceptance for social science yesterday?

Have Regents been released?

Looks like CHP but not seen any Regents yet.

3 Likes

you mean still rolling out today? My daughter is Bio major and have no result yet.

2 Likes

Does UC Irvine consider alternative majors?

Same

Is anyone who has bio major and got accepted?

2 Likes

Do they send out results based off of major?

Good point. I haven’t seen anyone with a Social Sciences or Humanities major post anything yet.

6 Likes

UCI admits into the University first and then into the major. Yes, they consider your 1st choice major, alternate major and sometimes will admit into Undeclared.

5 Likes

My sister and her friend got into biological sciences yesterday at 5:30pst. The rest haven’t heard anything.

Did they also get into the honors college?

Sister got into honors college. Not sure about her friend. We are in-state.

2 Likes

Still no update… after seeing the “Launch your Admitted Anteater Guide” button appear in the portal yesterday, then having it dissapear, is very aggravating.

4 Likes

Does anybody know how many freshman are admitted to the honors program? Tried looking it up but can’t seem to find any info. Just trying to get a sense of what it would mean for my son. Thanks!

My daughter class ranking is the 10th out of 500 and her friend is 20th something, but her friend got into the UCI honor program yesterday. I have no idea how the school decided this. I understand there are many area that the UCI will consider but academic is still the first priority right. My daughter have lot of extra activities, sport and club president, many volunteer hours and community services too.

Maybe there are additional honors acceptances next week when most applicants receive their decision

1 Like

D1 accepted to Biological Sciences/Honors. Also got UCD and SLO.

D2 no answer but got UCD and SLO.

D3 same as D2.

3 Likes

It’s been discussed quite a bit on these UC forums that they’re looking at more than just stats.

1 Like

My D got into UCD and SLO too. Both Biological sciences. But UCI has no response yet.

1 Like