UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

do you happen to be in-state or oos? i’m in-state but ik some oos that has received decisions so i’m guessing it’s multiple waves. wish you and others who haven’t received decisions yet the best

Some are probably waiting until UCLA and UCSD are out.

works, accepted oos

4 Likes

glad it worked! hope it worked out for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

i got accepted for my 2nd choice major (business economics). my first choice was business administration, oh well

5 Likes

My son is taking a cat nap before work, doubtful he’ll check before he leaves! Hope an email notification comes out soon, he pays more attention to email than the portal.

Maybe with it being Friday afternoon, kids have other commitments and are unable to check as easily?

3 Likes

This reminded me that the telephone company explicitly tell people not to check if their phones still work at 00:00:00 01/01/2000 because their system will “crash” not because of Y2K bug rather because of overloading by the users. This may be why UCs do not tell you exact data/time of when they release results.

2 Likes

im in state

1 Like

yea accepted in-state

5 Likes

congrats! was that just now? suspecting if there are more acceptances coming up

uci posted on Instagram that they’re doing rolling admissions to the end of March

10 Likes

can you share a link plz? couldn’t find that post

1 Like

it’s a story

8 Likes

it’s on their Instagram story

1 Like

ok, right, i rmbr my friends all got into UCR, and im like where mine at, and finally it came out yesterday, so if thats the case, maybe i have some hope

3 Likes

From now until the end of March? That’s kind of insane.

9 Likes

DS admitted OOS, Mathematics (1st choice major). 3.8UW/4.2W, Calculus I-V at local state university (4.0), nationally/internationally ranked wushu (US National Wushu Team). Fewer ECs than most.

Congrats to all who got in! And for those kiddos who didn’t here, you will find your place and people - promise!:heart:

10 Likes

Can someone call admissions and ask if they’re releasing another wave today?

i feel so trash, i have not so great gpa, and just ok ecs even though i filled as much as possible, and i only went for undeclared, plsss plss plsss

they probably wont disclose. They almost never do