UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

No not recently. A UC Capped weighted GPA of 3.0 is the bare minimum for UC eligibility. Possibly some recruited athletes but again the individuals that post on CC are a small group of usually well qualified applicants.

I hope my essays help

The Personal Insight questions are Very important for all the UC campuses.

because i Got in UCM

does that increase my probability for UCR (in he sense that I have a chance of getting in)

1 Like

Each UC campus reviews applicants independently so your acceptance at UC Merced does not increase or decrease the probability of getting into UCR.

Several factors and variables can influence selection. What is most important to know is that selection looks different at every campus!

• Selection can even look different from year to year for the same campus.

• Things like enrollment capacity (campus size impacts how many students can enroll) and enrollment targets for each campus are factored into selection.

• Campuses use multiple factors when selecting students and the way campuses select students varies.

• It is to the student’s advantage to include as much information as possible on the application.

• Every student is considered in the context of their own environment which includes, but is not limited to, school, family and geographic region.

• Students are also considered within the context of the applicant pool for each campus.

• Each campus will complete their own individual review of the application independently of one another, which means that they’re going to review the information in the application and select students without asking what the other campuses have decided.

• Each campus selects students independently

Thank You, I just pray and hope that I get in I really enjoyed the campus, when I went on tour.

UCM’s 25% GPA is 3.5, so getting in with a 3.0 is already quite an accomplishment. I know plenty of applicants with higher GPAs who were turned down to all UCs.

As to your question, getting into one UC doesn’t have a bearing on your chances at another campu.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/campuses-majors/riverside/freshman-admit-data.html

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/campuses-majors/merced/freshman-admit-data.html

When compare 2022 admission rate and average GPA, there is still a big gap between UCR and UCM.

Good luck to all. I hope the waiting will be over this Friday.

1 Like

Nothing Today :crossed_fingers:for tomorrow best of luck to all​:shamrock:

1 Like

Someone let us know if you get a decision the 23rd :pray::pray: i needa know if im rejected or not :cry:

3 Likes

If you are waitlisted at UCSD, I think you are good enough to get into UCR. How about UCSC?

Good luck and stay positive!

1 Like

UCSC was flat out rejection :unamused:

Wow, I thought UCSD admission is much harder than UCSC! Stay postive, you should be fine for UCR.

My son is still waiting for UCR, but he just realized he applied with his primary major by mistake. Should he change the major on the portal now or should he wait? He wants to change the primary major to Data Science (which is now the alternate major).

Is UCR coming out today?

Based on past years yes

Around 12:00-12:30?

offer or no offer, let’s get it over with.

2 Likes

sook about 20 40ish minutes to go