UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

For any UC, if we don’t get result in Day1 of decision result , does that mean you will be wait listed or rejected ?

No it does not. They all send out their decisions differently, but if the campus has rolling decisions (instead of sending them all out in one day) there are usually a few weeks of acceptances trickling out before the waitlists and rejections start.

2 Likes

Biology major
accepted last night 3/1/23

4.21 CSU GPA
3.9ish UW

3 college (dual enrollment) courses
4 APs
8 Honors
Science Academy Graduate along with High School Diploma
High school football 4yrs(state champions 2yrs), Basketball 2yrs
Volunteer at animal shelter and community. Leadership groups
CA but not local

accepted to FSU, SDSU, UCR and waitlisted at CPP

3 Likes

For what degree was he waitlisted? My kid is very similar stats to yours probably a little bit less and was accepted early at CPP in biology

Animal Science

Ah that explains it. More popular major

Accepted for bio, 3.2UW, 7APs

3 Likes

Accepted: Theatre, Film, and Digital Production
CSU GPA 3.85 | Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 19 | APs: 1
ECs: music ensembles/private instrumental, volunteer study | Creative approach to PIQs
Non-local CA resident

2 Likes

I applied to UCR for sociology and haven’t heard yet. Im stressing out cuz all my friends got there’s already. 2 also applied to sociology and got accepted. Does anyone know when the next batch releases?

Hello all! I was accepted to UCR on March 1, 2023!

Here are some stats for future applicants :grin: I hope this helps!

Major: History
UC GPA: 4.3 (capped and weighted)
APs: 9 (AP European History, AP United States History, AP Seminar, AP Spanish Language, AP US Government, AP Spanish Literature, AP Art History, AP Research, and AP Human Geography)
I’m an in-state applicant (CA)

I included 4 awards in my UC application
Extra Curricular Activities (written about in the UC app):

• Undergraduate summer research program through JHU
  • Student council (junior vice president, senior president)
  • Varsity swim team (4 years)
  • Learning Italian and Latin outside of school (foreign language)
  • Research board advisory program
  • Independent research (cartography and geography)
  • 100+ community service hours
  • Member (9, 10, 11, 12) and co-chair (grade 12) of CSF (California scholarship federation)

I applied to ALL 9 UCs for the entering class of 2027. As of 3/4/23, I’ve heard back from two (Merced and Riverside) and was accepted to both!
Good luck to everyone applying this year and in all the years to come!

2 Likes

What were your stats?

Priority for Class Registration at UCR

I understand that there is a benefit to having sophomore status as it gives you priority in registering for classes at UCR. Is that correct? The sophomore status cut-off is 44.9 credits and entering in F23 my kid should have 40. Does that mean they will get Sophmore status after the first quarter at UCR or would she have to wait a full year.

Honors College acceptance gets you priority registration status.
I understand we’ll find out this week or the week after. But did we explicitly have to opt in to the honors college consideration process?

1 Like

Last year the next wave of admits was around March 23 followed by waitlists and denials.

Admission to University Honors is by invitation only.

Admission to University Honors is selective; not all applicants will be admitted. Students are encouraged to submit their applications early.

2 Likes

Thanks you are amazing. Let me understand this.

In about a week the kids will find out if they have been selected to apply? Then they apply and hear back right?

Or are you saying they need to somehow apply now.

According to the website;

• Students who meet the GPA requirement for University Honors will receive an invitation to apply, via email, during the application periods noted. Should you meet the GPA requirement and not receive an invitation to apply, please contact honors@ucr.edu.
  1. 3.80 UC Calculated GPA
  2. Satisfaction of Entry Level Writing Requirement, and eligibility to register for ENGL004 fall quarter.

Excellent High School Record of:

1. Scholarship
  2. Leadership
  3. Community Involvement

Application period: Early to Mid March

Invites came out last year about a week after the first wave of admits.

2 Likes

so they do 3 more waves but only one of the 3 is acceptances

My GPA 3.22 UC UW

1 Like

The admit waves vary from year to year. Last year, UCR had a large admit wave at the beginning of March and then a smaller admit wave near the end around March 23. Some denials between the admit waves and then a wave of waitlists.

Does the admit wave by major?