UC San Diego Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter was waitlisted as well.
We are a little confused on how the waitlist works. If you accept the waitlist it says you will know by the end of June. That is past other school’s deadline. Do you accept at another or do you have to wait?

1 Like

i guess so

blank screen CS

3 Likes

You accept / deposit at another college to be safe.

1 Like

Very disappointed in waitlist. Applied CS w/ Bioinformatics though so I know it was competitive.

4.31 capped UCGPA, ELC designation. Wide breadth of leadership, community service, and STEM extracurriculars. Ranked roughly 15/600 of graduating class.

I was hoping to take the unusual route of Bioinformatics as pre-med, so I’m thinking AOs may have been confused by me applying as CS while writing heavily about biology and other medical experiences in PIQs/ECs

you would accept another and then withdraw and enroll in ucsd if you get in and you like ucsd better

1 Like

to be clear a blank screen is not waitlist?

3 Likes

No update for my son ! Are there any updates from UCI or any other UC’s

1 Like

blank screen for me

nothing from ucla or uci yet

1 Like

Yes. It seems that only explicit waitlist decisions came out just now. If your portal is still blank, then that indicates a hard acceptance/rejection.

2 Likes

You should accept the waitlist spot and commit to another school where she is admitted. UC waitlists have seen barely any movement in recent cycles so I wouldn’t bank on them.

edit: Looks like UCSD portal is ver unstable. So, I recommend anyone with a WL status to hold off for a bit before doing anything. Some folks are reporting that their WL went away.

3 Likes

Thank you. If it another UC does that affect your waitlist status?

1 Like

Does anyone have a link to the portal? My daughter can’t find it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

To quote @Gumbymom , No Decision = No Decision. I am sure decisions are coming soon though.

2 Likes

UCI is the same, no update. I am currently switching back and forth between tabs

1 Like

Blank screen for me…

2 Likes

does ucsd admit by major

1 Like

Never mind. She seems to have gotten into the portal but sees nothing which I guess is great or really not great! What an AWFUL way to release.

2 Likes

Same here dw tho I bet you’ll do fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes