UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I just emailed the admissions office and they are saying by the end of March. I replied asking for a more specific date and time.

2 Likes

“Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with an exact date However, you will receive an admission decision by the end of the month.”

2 Likes

That is expected. They don’t usually give any information when you email them.

1 Like

we are all hoping it’s today, but we’ll see… I’m thinking 330pst

1 Like

Decisions came out at 430pst Friday March 19 last year.

1 Like

This is ridiculous… set a date and let people know.

10 Likes

facts

1 Like

Surprisingly, only 87 posts so far in the UCSD thread.
Last year, there were at least hundreds of replies by decision day

5 Likes

UCLA has more than 1000.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

The number of posts will probably double between now and 3 pm. :rofl:

13 Likes

Last year for my class, UCSD didn’t tell us anything until the moment of decisions… some people noticed weird things with their portal but I don’t believe in “portal astrology”, so I didn’t take it.

1 Like

hoping for good news today for all of you🤞

2 Likes

Are we pretty sure of a 3pm decision or can it literally just be whenever?

1 Like

I believe last year’s decisions came out at 4:30 PM PST. So, assuming they follow the same trend, I think we can expect the decisions around that time

1 Like

Wonder if it WON’T be today? They got SO many applications… Sigh.

Best of luck, everyone! :four_leaf_clover: Go Tritons!

10 Likes

Wile back we got an email asking to pick a different back up major other than engineering so we chose statistics because he is actually torn between this and engineering how often do they even entertain the back up major at this school?

1 Like

Basically there’s a set of “capped” majors, that the department I believe selects you on… if you’re rejected from that department, you still have a shot at UCSD in general, which includes the set of uncapped majors… I as a student am still confused by how they’d do back up majors if both are capped, as I know someone who got rejected from the CSE department’s computer engineering, but got into ECE’s computer engineering…

so there’s a little ambiguity, but that’s the general idea?

Statistics is probably capped as well haha

My kid chose “social sciences undeclared”. Can we please get in? haha!

2 Likes