UC Santa Barbara Class of 2027 Official Thread

You can email UCSB admissions and ask to withdraw your application.

admissions@ucsb.edu

1 Like

Has anyone else received any application portal emails from UCSB? As of now, it’s the only school that we haven’t received any admissions portal info on and they said “mid-December.”

According to their admissions page, it states, " The Fall 2023 portal is not open. Our team is hard at work preparing our systems to review the applications of student scholars such as yourself. Application acknowledgements will be sent in mid-December with instructions for accessing the UCSB applicant portal which will open early January."

I was afraid if perhaps my DD accidentally deleted their access email or it went into her spam folder and was deleted by mistake.

Thanks.

2 Likes

D23 received this email from UCSB on 12/15:

We have received your application to UC Santa Barbara! Our team is busy working to create your personalized applicant portal, which is where you will receive admission updates. You will be able to access your portal on or after January 11, 2023 . We will contact you in a few weeks with applicant portal login instructions

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

The email arrived today - portal opens tomorrow - good luck!

1 Like

Does the portal opening mean I get my admissions decision?

No, decisions come out in March. It just means you need to setup your student portal so you can check your decision along with any communications from UCSB.

After getting their portal up almost 6+ weeks later than all the other UC’s (and pretty much every other college), it was kind of a fail. Way more steps to setup than most (UCSB ID, UC ID, SSN, Last Name, DOB, CAPTA, 2 Security Questions, etc.), it didn’t adhere to its own password rules (since when was “!” not a special character) and then once all that was done it ended up saying the portal isn’t actually up yet and won’t be open until 3pm tomorrow Pacific time. After all this time, why bother sending the emails at all if it’s not actually up yet – while not just wait another 24 hours and send them after it is up? Yes, the email said it wouldn’t open until tomorrow night, but again why bother not just waiting in the first place?

1 Like

! is DEFINITELY a special character to me!

If it makes you feel any better, SF State had 5 (FIVE) security questions to select and then answer - you’d think they were trying to keep you from gaining access to their bitcoin wallet.

Has anyone else’s student applied to the CCS @ UCSB?

NYU had about 5 too – spread out in different phases. I thought it was a bit over the top having to provide both a unique UCSB ID and UC App ID and a Social Security number in this case.

By comparison UCLA didn’t need any of that and had the most simple portal of all – basically just a short letter that said they would email you if they needed anything – no checklist, nothing else to fill in, etc.

3 Likes

Yup, got ours as well. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m trying to remember if it was last year or the year before that UCSB didn’t set up portals until January. On the positive side, UCSB often gives an exact date when admission decisions will be announced.

Mine did.

1 Like

Last year the student portal opened on January 4th.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the regent’s invite will be sent out? Been hearing mid-February.

1 Like

Regents notifications were posted with the decisions on March 22 last year so no early notification. Not sure they will continue the same timeline for this year.

UCSB awards Regents based on information entered on your UC application. There is no invite to apply for the scholarship.

In the past, UCSB had a Chancellor’s Reception that they sent invites to, but that is different than Regents.

I believe your data for the admission rate of CCS is incorrect. The about page for CCS states that there are around 385 undergraduate students, which I presume to mean including students admitted in previous years.

2 Likes