UC Santa Barbara Class of 2027 Official Thread

The admit data for CCS was from the 2022 UC Counselor conference. There is always the possibility that the information presented was not correct. But you have to remember not all admits enroll so the 385 Undergrads are the enrolled number. I will try to research to see what the yield rate is for CCS.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

Based on the 2022 student profile, 53 Freshman students enrolled in CCS so that makes the yield 13.8%. The overall campus yield was 17.3%.

1 Like

Just received an email from UCSB on What is happening with my UCSB application? sign up for webinar

1 Like

My kid selected CCS as 2nd option but didn’t fill up the separate app(he was feeling burnt out and I didn’t push)

1 Like

Mine too… exact same story. Not another essay…!!!

Plus he didn’t want to ask any teacher for a LOR for this, since it seemed to him that they would have to do more than just recycle the exact same LOR they already wrote for him. He felt the teachers probably felt the same way that he did at this point. Not another LOR to write…!!!

I wonder if our kids with their non-submitted supplements will be included in admission statistics for CCS?

1 Like

Does anyone know admit process to CCS? I hear supplemental application is reviewed by faculty and not admissions officers. Is this true? and does this mean if faculty decides to offer admission that factors into schoolwide decision?

1 Like

Because they state in the CCS FAQ that faculty do not see your UC application, I think it’s safe to assume you need to be offered admission into the university first, then admitted to the program. Even if you had a fantastic application to CCS, if you didn’t meet the university’s admission criteria on the UC app, then you couldn’t be admitted, as I read it:

CCSAdmissionsFAQs.pdf (ucsb.edu)

1 Like

Thank you!! If CCS Faculty love a student I am wondering if they influence UCSB decisions…to be clear that is what i meant to ask!

1 Like

It’s a good question - my guess would be that if the faculty decided they had to have the student in their program they’d make it happen - short of an answer from anyone at UCSB (anyone? lol) we’re left to speculate…

1 Like

Do the faculty already know the student?

2 Likes

No. Student is basically in touch with the faculty who asked to apply to the CCS program (faculty mentioned to apply before deadline otherwise CCS reads application only after UCSB decision)…I figured that meant faculty has a say if applied before deadline?

Math? I don’t think it means much. She emailed everybody.

UCSB’s Open House will be on Saturday, April 15. The registration button is now active.

https://admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/open-house

For reference,

UCSD’s Triton Day and UC Davis Aggie Day will both be on April 8
UCLA’s Bruin Day, UCSB’s Open House and UCR Highlander Day will all be on April 15
Cal Poly SLO Open House will be April 13-15
UCI’s Celebrate UCI and Berkeley’s Cal Day will both be on April 22
USC will have multiple Explore USC events - April 2, 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, 24

6 Likes

The question was not about whether getting the email means " much". I was curious how faculty decisions on a CCS application tie into the overall decision. Does faculty yes mean UCSB would most likely say yes?

I would think anybody who is wanted by CCS would be more than qualified for UCSB. So my guess (based on some conversations with kids who are at CCS) implies to a certain degree a “yes” to that question. However separately getting an email from math professor doesn’t mean that application was picked by the prof.

1 Like

Yes, of course!!

1 Like

Is it kind of up in the air whether there will be any kind of early acceptance reception thing for UCSB this year?

1 Like

My DD went to the Chancellor’s reception in NYC in 2018. There has not been another reception since COVID concerns cancelled the 2020 reception. I was hoping there would be one this year but I am beginning to doubt it.

1 Like

Did you get CCS Math open house invite for April dates? I find it odd to sign up for those considering we won’t know acceptances until mid March, so do we sign up and then withdraw signup if we are denied? Slots seem to be limited

3 Likes