UC Santa Barbara Class of 2027 Official Thread

Decisions will be available after 3pm PST on 3/21 per UCSB’s Instagram account. Portal closing on 3/19 for the uploading process.

7 Likes

Do you have a direct link to their IG post? I could not find it. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpTM0BZp-Z0/

1 Like

Gotta love UCSB for giving everyone the exact date.

Go Gauchos! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

12 Likes

Seriously! I remember that from 2 years ago too. They were the only school to communicate really well.

3 Likes

Just got an email about it too. Thats awesome!

6 Likes

Yup, got an email too. Did everyone get an email?

2 Likes

Mainly the process of reviewing applications, and yes March 2nd was mentioned as the date for the announcement of the decision date.

1 Like

March 21st

March 2nd is when they would announce the decision date

2 Likes

Ohhhh I see! Thx

Are those GPAs based on UC’s formula, or are they regular weighted GPAs? The UC GPAs are significantly lower because fewer classes are considered in the averages.

1 Like

Funny how everybody says, going to CC and transferring is a good option. In the data above i see only 26 transfers making it to the college of engineering. Looks like transferring to engineering is not easy.

2 Likes

For UCSB, all majors in the College of Engineering are excluded from the Transfer Admission Guarantee: https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/_files/documents/tag-matrix.pdf

3 Likes

Those GPA’s I listed are the Uncapped UC GPA in which @gauchoengineering quoted. The overall admit GPA listed is also the Uncapped UC GPA.

Are you saying having no TAG is an indication that transfers are hard and unlikely?

I do not want to side track this discussion regarding transfers but the numbers listed are possibly enrolled. I see different numbers on the UCOP website, but it could mean that not all transfers that SIR’d ended up attending

Looking at the UC Transfer GPA data, 537 Engineering admits and 39 enrolled for 2022. This information is only for CA CC transfers.

1 Like

I think so. Without guaranteed admission to Engineering for transfers from California community colleges, transfers should be very competitive.

1 Like

This is an awesome breakdown information for Transfers by majors. Any idea why do UCs not provide the same (breakdown by majors) information for Freshman applicants?

They must obviously have it.

1 Like