UC Santa Barbara Class of 2027 Official Thread

Message from the portal:

Fall 2023 applicants:

Decisions are being posted on this site in mid-March 2023 for most freshman applicants. Decisions for transfer applicants are being announced beginning in mid-April 2023.

All freshman decisions will be completed by March 31, 2023. Transfer decisions will be finalized by April 30, 2023.

2 Likes

Interesting that they did not give a specific date for Freshman decisions like last year. Maybe they will update closer to decision time.

1 Like

I received an email from UCSB yesterday.
Subject line: See you at our UCSB 2023 Open House, [name]
Content: Hi [name]!

Welcome to UCSB! Learn more about life at our institution by joining us at our Open House. I made a video with more details.

-Nathaniel

The video says decisions are still pending but they invite to register for their Open House on April 15th which is after decisions so I assume this is an admitted students event?

My portal still shows decision pending but no one I know who applied to UCSB received this email.

Would usually just chalk this up as a regular application email but the “welcome to UCSB” and ask to register for an admitted students event makes me consider otherwise. Anyone have insight on this?

It seems a little fishy to me. Can you tell if it was really sent by UCSB?

A poster in another thread also reported receiving a fishy sounding email related to UC admissions: UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread - #335 by Lenaw4Girls

It makes me wonder if there are phishing scam emails going out.

1 Like

My daughter also received the same. Application also says pending. :woman_shrugging:t3:

My son got the same email

1 Like

The video links to a UCSB admissions website, 99% sure it’s legit.

1 Like

OOS here - have not received an email today. trying not to read into it but who knows.

OOS here and didn’t get that email either. It’s either good sign for those that did or perhaps they’ll send a separate email for OOS for another date.

1 Like

I believe no one should read anything into any of these emails. Since the UC’s have later decision dates, they just want to make sure applicants keep their school in mind when the time comes for decisions so they are Marketing for better yield.

5 Likes

Also, they are probably just trying to let everyone know of the dates for admitted students since UCLA, UCSB and Cal Poly SLO all have April 15th as their admitted students date. Lots of conflict with that date.

3 Likes

Yes — plus UCSC Banana Slug Day. No way to get to SD, LA, SB, and SC in one day. They will compete for attendance to sell themselves that day.

3 Likes

Any idea why marketing materials would not go to all applicants? S23 received the UCLA and UCI marketing emails, but not the UCSB email. If simply retaining interest from everyone… wouldn’t marketing materials be sent to, well… everyone?

1 Like

Same here. S23 received marketing emails from UCLA and UCI but not UCSB.

1 Like

Sometimes the Marketing emails are geared towards specific majors or Colleges or even student demographics. Sometimes the emails are not sent out all at once to all applicants or they end up in the Junk/Spam folder.

I know everyone is waiting for decisions and are hoping that any correspondence from the schools is a positive sign, but I have been on CC for 13 years and all these emails have not meant anything specific in terms of acceptances.

9 Likes

We already attended an open house last week. Not sure who all that was sent to.
correction: NOT open house, a session on “What’s happening to my UCSB application”

You attended an open house at UCSB? Was it for a specific program or was it a campus tour?

As far as I know, UCSB only has one open house for admitted students. This year it is on Saturday, April 15.

1 Like

You are correct they only have the one on April 15th.

https://admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/open-house

Sorry, this wasn’t an open house. It was a “What’s happening with my UCSB application” session.

3 Likes

Nice! What did you learn?