UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Rejected , in state, L&S
Pre-communications
4.2 W, 3.9 UW

Accepted UCSD, SLO, SDSU
WL UD
Rejected UCI
Tons of EC and accolades

Yay! D22 also got in Computer Engineering!! Still can’t believe it.

Admitted
In-state
Computer Engineering major
UW GPA: 3.93,
Not sure about the UC GPA (will edit later)

For UCs/CSU:
WaitListed: UCI, UCSD.
Rejected UCD, UCLA
Accepted: UCSB, UCSC , Cal Poly SLO and Cal Poly Pomona for CE

10 Likes

In-state
Waitlisted
Psych and brain sciences
3.85/4.17/4.28
Good ECs related to major, leadership, and essays
Accepted UCSC, waitlisted UCSD, waitlisted UW, rejected Davis, accepted Colorado Boulder
Sigh!

2 Likes
  • Waitlisted
  • In-state
  • Major: Applied Mathematics
  • College - Letters & Science
  • 4.00UW / 4.33UC

accepted: cal poly slo, ucsc, uc davis
waitlisted: uci, ucsd, ucla, ucsb

2 Likes

Oh wow. That’s amazing!!! Are you guys signing up for the Open House on 04/09?

1 Like

@Gumbymom you’re awesome… thank you!

3 Likes

100% we are going to be there!

1 Like

CONGRATS!!! Exciting News!

1 Like

Thank you. Now its the final countdown to UCB. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Accepted!!

OOS
4.0 UW
106.2 W on 100-scale
Varsity athlete 4 years (captain)
tons of EC’s
started non-profit
test scores not submitted
Major: communications

Also Accepted to UCLA, waiting on Berkeley

7 Likes

@Gumbymom sorry to have to ask, but do you have WL acceptance stats? I know the Covid year UCSB let in 97% of the WL but that was an anamoly. It seems like 10% is a reasonable assumption for likelihood of admittance. Sure seems like a lot of the UCs (besides UCLA and Cal) just took a big step up in selectivity this year. Maybe its widespread grade inflation from Covid?

1 Like
  • Waitlisted
  • OOS
  • Physics
  • L&S (applied second choice to CCS)
  • Unweighted 3.5; W&C 3.8-ish (I think); weighted uncapped 4.3
  • 17 APs; half dozen or so honors classes; National Merit Finalist; NHS; 2-sport varsity athlete; robotics; work & volunteer experience (neither major-related)

Among other CA schools: waitlisted at UCSD, accepted at Santa Clara, UCI, and CalPoly SLO. Pending at UCB.
Non-CA schools: accepted with Honors at UArizona, NAU, and CU Boulder; accepted at Pitt, Colorado State, CU Denver, and University of Denver; waitlisted at UMiami and UChicago; rejected MIT and UWashington. Pending at Cornell and Carnegie Mellon.
Merit offers range from $2K/year to full tuition + stipend. Among acceptances, no merit $ from UCI or Pitt.
I know that’s a bonkers number of schools to apply to, but many of them waived application fees.
Congratulations to those who were accepted. I have seen many of you across the various schools’ pages in recent weeks, and I am so thrilled for those of you who got in to UCSB today!

5 Likes

Are you the one who booked a hotel half way between SLO and UCSB for April 9? :beach_umbrella:

2 Likes

REJECTED WHERE MY CHAD REJECTS AT!!!
In-state btw, applied to undeclared

1 Like

Ha ha…good memory. Yes, that was me.

I had one booked in Santa Maria and also had one booked in Carpenteria. No decision from SLO so I’m going to cancel the hotel in SM and enjoy the weekend in Santa Barbara.

6 Likes

Hooray for UCLA & UCD & the LACs, because man, the UCSB rejection was brutally written and if not for those yeses, he might’ve taken this really badly! The admissions director actually wrote that everyone who was admitted was a much stronger candidate than my son across the board, from GPA to ECs to essays, etc. She suggested it was unlikely he would’ve gotten in anywhere, but said “if you’re qualified,” he might get placed in another UC. Why write it that way? Why not “more applicants than seats, we wish you will” and leave it at that? But it does prove the admissions offices don’t talk to each other.

Anyway: Congrats to everyone who did get in! Great school & beautiful location.

3 Likes

@Wishful-Thinking - whaaaaaaa?!?!

Accepted International!! finally after being waitlistlisted by Irvine SD and LA

15 Likes

Admitted
OOS
Pre-Economics
College of Letters & Science
3.96UW/ 4.16W
7 IB’s

6 Likes

haha, I thought that as well!