UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Rejected
In state CS
3.98 UW /4.29 W /4.50 UC
Team captain varsity, science fair winner, other minor ECs, 7 APs etc

Also rejected UCLA, accepted UCSC and waitlisted UCI, UCSD, UCD.
Waiting on UCB.

No 2021 Waitlist stats since UCSB has not posted their CDS.

2020 Waitlist stats:
Number of applicants waitlist: 9885
Number of applicants accepting the waitlist: 6342
Number of applicants admitted: 6103

2019 Waitlist stats:
Waitlist Offers: 8,863
Waitlist Opt-Ins: 5,865
Waitlist Admits: 604

Join the discussion: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/uc-santa-barbara-class-of-2026-waitlist-appeal-discussion/

3 Likes

Normally I am all about letting the students check portals to get their news first, but that’s the kind of wording that makes me hope you checked his portal first.

2 Likes

That is brutal, I feel UCLA was brutal. I won’t know until tonight if he got in. UCLA is awesome! So congrats on that! You won in my book.

2 Likes

@ilovemusic22 - was the UCLA wording similar to UCSB’s? I am gobsmacked that anyone would write a rejection letter like that!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new thread: UCSB vs. Cal Poly Pomona for Mechanical Engineering

Yeah, he had checked them all first, I don’t know why I checked this one first, but you’re right, I’m glad I did!

edited: He didn’t read beyond the first line. Whew.

3 Likes

D22 admitted.
In state, NorCal
Pre-Psychological & Brain Sciences
4.0 UW / 4.3 Weighted Capped
5 APs 10-11, 5 APs 12th, 1 UC summer course (got an A)
2 sport varsity team captain, other ECs

Accepted: UCSB, UCSC, Oregon (Clark Honors w/40K scholarship), Colorado Boulder (w/25K scholarship)
Waitlisted: UCLA, UCSD
Waiting: UCB, Brown, Cal Poly SLO

10 Likes

OOS
Daughter was Rejected
Psychology
Around a 3.5 weighted GPA
Accepted at Tulane, UMiami, UC Davis etc.
Waitlisted from UCI, UIUC
Rejected from Northeastern, UCLA, U of Washington

Not as bad as that, not nearly as bad as that. I don’t have the letter in front of me to quote it, as it is on my sons portal and I do know his passwords. I agree with the original poster about “wishing them well” and leaving it at that. No need to be rude to these kiddos.

4 Likes

OMG OMG OMG-as a mom of a son who got into UCI (his first choice!) and waitlisted at his other UC’s or rejected I feel this for you so much.

I am a total stranger but your post made my day and I am beyond thrilled for you!!!

2 Likes

S22 Admitted
In-state vs OOS
Major - CE in COE
UC Capped GPA: 4.25

5 Likes

Son waitlisted
L&S undeclared
3.9/4.05 W/4.22 UC
9 APs
Some ECs

Admitted UCD, UCI, Santa Clara, Seattle
Rejected UCLA, Pitzer
Waitlisted Notre Dame, LMU

Son Accepted in state anthropology major :tada:
3.9/4.2/4.6
12 AP/3 DE
Accepted to: UC Davis UCSD, UCSB, SDSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, U of A
Denied: UCLA
Waitlisted: UCSC & Cal Poly SLO

8 Likes

Very good spot to be :). Good lucky :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’m so sorry. My daughter (similar stats to what you posted about your daughter) was waitlisted at UCLA and UC San Diego last week, and we’ve spent the past 4.5 days trying to help her stay positive and see the big picture. Hopefully your daughter has some acceptances in the bag, and is waiting to hear from some more schools over the next 10 days. If it’s any consolation, UCSB is historically one of the least predictable schools in terms of acceptances (along with UCI in recent years). We’ve known students waitlisted by UCSB but accepted at higher-ranked schools. Wishing her the best of luck.

7 Likes

Deleted

1 Like
  • Waitlisted
  • In-state (bay area female)
  • Major: Political Science
  • College - Letters & Science (L&S)
  • Unweighted UC GPA: 3.89/Weighted UC GPA: 4.32
    Accepted to: UCD, UCSC (college scholar), UCR, Cal poly slo, SDSU, CCP, SJSU
    Waitlisted: UCSD (and now SB lmao)
    Rejected: UCLA, UCI
2 Likes

2020 is an outlier for UCSB on the waitlist due to Covid. They took very few off last year 2021 but unfortunately did not post their stats. In 2019, they only accepted 10% off the waitlist.

4 Likes

Admitted in state
Major: History of Public Policy and Law
3.8/4.5/4.19 UC w capped
14 AP/IB + 4 DE
ELC Identified
Accepted: UCR, UCD, UCSB, Tulane, SDSU, CSUF, CSULB
WL: UCI, UCSD, Northeastern
Denied: UCLA

6 Likes