UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

UCSB New Student data for fall 2021, including acceptance by GPA, can be found here: New Freshmen Profile | Office of Budget & Planning
Select the tab “Data Tables-Academics”

5 Likes

I believe this is enrollment - not acceptance. The difference being this reflects the stats for the ~ 16% of the admitted students that enrolled at UCSB, i.e., 84% of accepted students are excluded from these stats

Admit data for 2021 UCSB:

GPA and test scores of middle 25%-75% students

UC Capped Weighted GPA 4.10 - 4.29

Acceptance rate based on UCOP Preliminary Data:
Overall: 29.2%
CA residents: 28.0%
OOS: 36.3%
International: 27.0%

2 Likes

@Gumbymom I’ve been reading about the Chancellor invitation and that it usually starts to get sent in February. Is there a trend on when to begin to look? I looked back at past forums and I really wish messages had the actual date…not just the month/year. Also, seems like it has been mostly snail mail not an email invite.

If you tap on the date (month and year) on an old post, it will bring up the actual day and time of the post.

2 Likes

UCSB Regents usually comes out the 4th week of February (Feb 25 five years ago) and the Chancellors invites shortly thereafter.

Edit: Looked back at emails and found the Chancellors came out a week before Regents 5 years ago on Feb 18.

3 Likes

Ohh—thank you!

If they send out Chancellor’s invites (they didn’t last year), it arrives before Regents. Notifications arrive before the receptions and Regents scholars have ribbons on their badges to indicate their award.

In 2020, Regents arrived in the mail the week of February 22. That year, UCLA and UCB Regents candidates were notified via email on Feb 7 and I think UCSB’s Chancellor’s invite arrived in the mail the following week.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anything on the calendar about Chancellor’s reception.

Nor have I and, in previous years, it was on the event calendar ahead of time. The receptions are expensive and are packed with people. It wouldn’t be a smart thing to do during a pandemic. I also think that the surprise admission announcement is not longer a surprise. They may be re-thinking how (or if) they want to continue with early admits.

1 Like

Got it…thanks for the info.

I should add that although the invites went out, the receptions in 2020 were ultimately cancelled.

2 Likes

When are UCSB decisions expected?

1 Like

No official date yet but last year was March 16.

6 Likes

Not to start email astrology, but did everyone get the email from UCSB Admissions titled “UCSB Applicant Webinar” about the seminar regarding UCSB support services?

5 Likes

Yes - and it gave me a heart attack! Haha!

1 Like

I got the email…does everyone get it?

Yes

Yes

1 Like

Yes

1 Like