UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I would bet that no UC releases decisions until they know what’s going on with the Berkeley case.

Not necessarily. The UC campuses specifically mention that they don’t coordinate amongst themselves. The early decisions tend to be high-stat admits and that population is likely the most insulated against whatever happens with UCB. In general, the max UCs can do is to WL people who may have gotten in otherwise. Again, people on that precipice of admit/wl are not going to be part of the first wave of UCSC decisions.

4 Likes

I guess we’ll be waiting & seeing if any decisions come out tmrw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The early decisions are mostly for high stat kids which UCSC wants badly (top 1-5%). Whether they eventually enroll is a different thing.

-HT

have you heard of anyone who has already been accepted early by UCSC? And what their general stats are? (:

If the trends continue from last year, we can start seeing some decisions roll out after 1 pm PST tomorrow.

6 Likes

And this forum will become active once decisions start rolling out.

2 Likes

nothing yet?

2 Likes

No celebrations on Twitter yet.

1 Like

anyone know approximately what time the february decisions came out last time? 4pm pacific? idk

The first celebratory Tweet last year was at approximately 4:15 Pacific time.

4 Likes

Boo…made ya look. ha ha

6 Likes

A little over 5 pm now … nothing as of yet

2 Likes

Nothing

For the last two years, early admits began releasing on the 4th Monday in February, 2/24/20 and 2/22/21. It’s likley that releases will begin next Monday, 2/28/22.

5 Likes

I’m wishcasting a release this Friday. Can we all light a candle tonight?

5 Likes

I’m watching the SLO thread too. Tons of posts about when SLO has historically sent out acceptances. One of the participants said, “The Portal astrology starts”. It was so fitting and funny. I’m just glad I’m not the only tense person out here as the acceptance dates for certain UCs and CSUs approach rapidly (but not rapidly enough.)

4 Likes

I am this close to writing a Python script to automate all the portal checks. Unfortunately, my laptop can’t run Python but might have to install soon if nothing breaks in the next 2 days.

6 Likes

Lighting a candle for other reasons tonight.

12 Likes

Now there’s an idea!

1 Like