****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

Thanks for your info :slight_smile:

@BBCCHS: UC’s in general do not require a Mid-year Senior transcript unless they specifically ask you for an augmented/supplemental review. All require your final transcript once you make the decision to accept and enroll.

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

which email should i use in order to update my newly received award?

i’m a senior at uc berkeley, hmu if you have questions about my experience at the school, why i picked, etc.

yo, i forgot to submit official scores
will that affect my decision?

@Xxdreams official scores aren’t due until you are accepted.

Are you sure? I thought the application instructions required self-reporting and the submission of an official score report to any UC campus that you applied to.

@NoVaRat @Xxdreams I just re-read the policy. NoVaRat is correct. Send to one and they all get it. I got UC and CSU confused. Some CSU do not require official scores to approve. I would contact UC to see what they might do for you.

Thanks @NoVaRat

@Xxdreams @TheCollegeDad

From the UC website:
** Report ACT and/or SAT scores on your admissions application, then request that an official copy of the scores be sent to us from the testing agency. You can have your official score report sent to one UC campus, and all campuses you apply to will receive it.**

@Xxdreams did you send the scores to other UC campuses?

But then again @NoVaRat and @Xxdreams , I just got this from the UCI web site so each UC might be different:

"UCI does not require official transcripts or final test scores during the admission selection process. Our review is based on the self-reported information you provided on the UC Application.

Final official transcripts and test scores are due to our office once students are admitted."

From the UCB site:
"Q: When should I send you my official transcripts and all of my test scores?

A: Please do not send documents or other information to Berkeley unless requested. If we need more information from an applicant, we will contact you. Most students give us enough information in their applications for us to make a sound decision. After admission decisions are posted on our campus application portal, each admitted student will see their own Conditions of Admission explaining exactly what official documents Berkeley requires."

@TheCollegeDad
I also found this statement on the UC website which gives a link to the UC Website and the information I just posted:
** Exams Requirement

You must submit college admission test scores from the SAT or the ACT with Writing. Submission of SAT Subject Test scores is not required, but may add positively to the review of your application. For the ACT with Writing test, we will focus on the highest combined score from the same test administration. For exam requirement details, visit admission.universityofcalifornia.edu.**

@Xxdreams contact UCB admissions for clarification.

UCB website states:
** All prospective freshmen must submit scores from either the ACT Plus Writing or the SAT Reasoning Test.

If you’re applying for admission to the fall term, be sure to take your admissions tests no later than December of your senior year — preferably earlier — to ensure that your application receives prompt and full consideration. It is unlikely that scores from tests taken after our December deadline will arrive in our office in time for our review process.

Applicant Guidelines

Report ACT and/or SAT scores on your admissions application, then request that an official copy of the scores be sent to us from the testing agency. You can have your official score report sent to one UC campus, and all campuses you apply to will receive it.

No, I haven’t. I never got a request either, though.

this is a big oof

thank you for the help everyone!

@TheCollegeDad, I can’t find the page that you got this info from, but on the UCI admissions site at http://www.admissions.uci.edu/apply/how.php, I see a suggestion that official score reports are required - namely, that applicants can check the applicant portal to confirm that they received SAT scores:

Moreover, under “Exam Requirements,” the University of California site at https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/freshman-requirements/exam-requirement/ states:

I agree with @Gumbymom – @Xxdreams, you need to call UCB admissions ASAP.

the uci quote came from the faq section of the applicant portal. But I agree. Better safe than sorry and call UCB.

The confusing thing is, I have not seen anything that provides a specific date by which score reports need to be sent. Something like, “please make sure official reports are received by the admissions office by December 31,” or something like that. That would make things so much clearer.

Did you check your UCB portal? Mine says " however, you must submit your official scores to us by December 2019"

Interesting. I have no idea what my daughter’s portal says, but I assume it’s the same as yours. This wasn’t an issue for her; she ordered her official score reports in September, well before she submitted the UC application.