UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

do regents still have access

5 Likes

do regent people still access welcome events?

1 Like

Here’s a thought: It is precisely because the portal myth is true and actually indicates the decisions waiting to be released that people at Berkeley fixed the bug immediately. If it was irrelevant, why would they fix it in such urgency? (Just a guess)

10 Likes

What time(est) do you think the leak was fixed?

Maybe fixed between 10:00am and 11:30am?

I mean there is really no way of knowing if it was right till Thursday. I mean they could have fixed it because it was the decisions but we won’t know I mean they could have fixed it because they didn’t want a lot of people signing up and taking sports at events people aren’t going to go to. We just won’t know till Thursday.

I think at this point there is high chance it was legit. I think all of us believing it wasn’t indicative of it are just coping at this point but I really hope it didn’t mean anything for my sake :smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

true but the wait is killing me

UPDATE: An early accepted student is STILL able to access the welcome reception even though it has changed for all the students waiting for the 24th. Very interesting…

6 Likes

Obviously, they can’t close something for already admitted students since they have offers. The pending ones that were leaked were closed imo

6 Likes

yeah i assumed so as well. people were just wondering above if the accepted students were able to access it. Wanted to let everyone know. I think it’s further proof that it was indicative of acceptance but let’s see in like under 48 hours!

3 Likes

You just lightened my mood by saying this. Even after LA regents, I really want Cal since its close to home!

2 Likes

Is there a chance that they haven’t finished uploading decisions yet?

I have no evidence to back this up at all but…
Considering the fact that they were not cutting admissions by 3k or whatever was only given a week or 2 before admissions, I am naively hoping that they only uploaded the original like ones they were going to admit with the cut, and still haven’t added the remaining ones with the new seats. OR They haven’t uploaded it for the online first semesters or the jan start ones which is even more unlikely that they are even doing that considering they got the seats back.

I am coping hard tho

3 Likes

Anyone know what time they come out Thursday?

prolly comes out around 3-5

This could be a possibility… school usually don’t upload decisions until day of decisions (UCI, UCSD and UCLA did this on the 18th)

I mean its not just decisions they upload lol. They have to set up status update, admitted students pages/videos, etc. Since everything is digital nowadays its highly likely that certain candidates are given “admitted” roles from the backend before its decisions day. If anyone listened to the Yale Admissions podcast they kind of discussed the digital aspect of admitting/rejecting/WL students iirc.

Then again, I’m not a university IT employee so I can’t explain the reasons for the shutdowns.

Sounds interesting, which episode of the Yale podcast was this?

When did the withdraw thing started indicating the status of admission last year?