UCF or U of AL Huntsville? Help decide

When you said you had a plan for 3 yrs with her incoming credits, did UAH create that plan for you or did you come up with it based on knowing what would transfer? I’m curious about that because we are in the same boat with a lot of credit and UAH is on the list.

Hi! UAH seemed to have the best dual enrollment acceptances of all the colleges she looked at if I remember correctly. I think she came up with the 3 year plan herself and I think it was accurate. She is currently at UCF and although not all the APs could be used for her major and I think she had to retake at least one dual enrollment class, she was also able to add some CLEP tests to be able to hopefully graduate in 3 years at UCF. Let me know if you have other questions and good luck!!

1 Like

as an engineer?

1 Like

Not sure who your question is directed toward, but yes, for us, my son is wanting to go into engineering.

When she was applying to both schools, she applied as Physics, but changed to engineering before enrolling at UCF. I do not remember if her uah plan was engineering but she is scheduled to make her 3 year plan work at UCF in engineering.

Sorry. Meant for @1Lotus

I ask because my son started a 2nd year but still took four because of the course sequencing in engineering. He knew one kid who did 3.5 but he took summer classes.

My D took some summer classes too. One or two last summer and two this summer I think. Her reasoning was that she is in a dorm that requires year lease including summer and if she was doing that anyway, it was cheaper in the long run to try for 3 years. She is also excited to be out in the working world sooner.

Everyone at UCF takes at least some summer classes.

Or interns right but yeah the 9 credit thing.

But did the student get internship experience in engineering. Otherwise it becomes more difficult to find employment, or solid pay employment.

But good for them getting out sooner if that’s a desire.