UCI vs. CAL (earth science/atmospheric science)

<p>Which School has the better program? </p>

<p>I know that UCI doesnt have a atmospheric science major, but they do have Earth Systems Science and a Earth System and Atmospheric Science minor. And CAL has a Earth and Planetary Sciene: Atmospheric Science major. So which one is better? Also how difficult are these majors at these particular schools?</p>

<p>bump.......</p>

<p>I honestly don't know, but I would suggest Cal only because of its prestige. I'm sure the major is going to be harder at Cal than Irvine, but it's going to be hard at any UC. Good luck though wherever you go!</p>

<p>bummppp.....</p>

<p>Cal is really good school but "atmospheric science" seems like a pretty new program, so its probably not the best. UCI's biology department has a very good reputation, but UCI isn't a flagship like Cal. I guess I would recommend going to Cal and changing your major to something with a better reputation if they let you.</p>

<p>the uci major isnt in the biology department and im not willing to change my major just because one school as a whole might be "better" :/</p>

<p>The school of physical sciences at UCI is good too, some nobel laureates from there.</p>

<p>Hands down, UCI.</p>

<p>The organized research unit, AIR/UCI, is headed by Professor Barbara Finlayson-Pitts, who along with her husband, Professor James Pitts (of UCR), has written the textbooks on Atmospheric Chemistry. Professor Sherwood Rowland earned a Nobel prize for his groundbreaking work on CFCs. </p>

<p>If you are interested in atmospheric sciences, you will have plenty of opportunities to work as an undergraduate researcher in some highly visible laboratories, as well as major in physics or chemistry with a minor in Earth System Sciences.</p>

<p>Cal is a great school, but when it comes to Atmospheric Chemistry, UCI is first tier.</p>

<p>thanks but too late....im a Cal Student now :)</p>

<p>^ go be a happy big bear now</p>