UCI vs UCSD vs UCD

I was accepted into UCD and UCI as my first choice of major (computer science), and UCSD as my alternate (chemistry), and waitlisted at Cal.

I was originally planning on attending UCSD, but I was admitted into UCD’s Honors program, and UCI’s Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship. The lack of love from UCSD and the major is a turn off, so I’ve become indecisive.

UCI
Pros

• Chosen major
  • Scholarship
  • Friends will be going there
    Cons
  • Too close to home
  • Not as prestigious as UCSD

UCD
Pros

• Northern California
  • Far from home
  • Honors Program
    Cons
  • Prestige I guess

UCSD
Pros

• Far enough from home
  • Warren college
  • Prestige
    Cons
  • No one I know is going there (might not be a con)
  • Major, and difficulty in getting into computer science

I know people always say to never go to a college just because your friends are, but it is a factor. I’m torn between UCI and UCSD, which is terrible since I was so in love with San Diego just days before. I live just less than an hour from UCI, which is a bit too close to home for my liking, as I wanted the “college experience.” I need any and all advice, thanks!

Have you visited all 3 schools? If not, definitely do! If you have a good vibe when you walk on campus then that’s where you belong :slight_smile:

If you have visited all 3 and are still unsure then I would pick UCSD! If you’re concerned about getting into the major you want, then maybe ask some current students at that school for some input? But being far farther away from home is definitely a better experience for college; you’ll be pushed to do things yourself and also pushed to meet new people. Staying with friends may be fun, but going farther away would make you grow more as a person. As a cheesy as that sounds, I think that’s true. Hope that helps!