UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Yes

We did

As 10s4life posted:

5 Likes

No, we have not received that email (yet).

Hope so :slight_smile:

My D22 did not get this email, but did get the alumni scholarship invite email. Hope the UCs don’t disappoint her like what they did to her elder brother. She worked extra hard and has filled in whatever we thought were gaps in his application a few years ago. I may literally leave California if it happens as there is no point in being in a high tax state for 2 decades and our kids not getting into 1st tier UCs (with perfect GPA, ECs, and NMSF)

6 Likes

It is just a general “apply for financial aid” email, like virtually every school sends out.

I am sure it went/will go to everyone, except maybe those who said they were not seeking financial aid.

It may be in spam folders or going out in waves. My D22’s arrived at 8 am this morning.

5 Likes

No. My Kiddo has not received it.

1 Like

I feel you on this … same situation over here! Keeping our fingers crossed for a much better March than we had 3 years ago!!

2 Likes

We didn’t. He got the alumni invite email and an email about achieving academic excellence at UCLA but not this latest one. We did apply for financial aid.

The email just came. Looks pretty generic. I’m sure everyone will eventually get it.

Whats the GPA for regents?

1 Like

No specific GPA but Regent scholars are the top 1-2% of applicants for each in-coming class.

any idea if 3.92/4.2 gpa would qualify at all or if im just getting my hopes up… my school only offered 3 APs so I cant really get any higher and I had to take around 11 classes per semester

Regents Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and exceptional promise.

GPA alone does not make a Regents Scholar. Academically, you will be evaluated within the context of what your HS offers but with 100,000+ applicants and only around 100 Regent scholars, there is really know to way to determine which applicants will be competitive.

4 Likes

The recently released Common Data Set shows last year 55 percent of freshmen had unweighted GPAs of 4.0, so it seems like that would be a must. The Freshman Profile document below shows the median weighted GPA at 4.54 (middle range 4.35-4.72). Very high numbers.

It probably was easier to determine the top candidates when test scores were a factor. Now, they could use # of A-Gs, weighted uncapped GPAs, etc., but I don’t know how they slice and dice if they also are looking at what’s available at each school.

3 Likes

In some school districts there were mandatory P/NP in place of semester grades. Students in these districts lose out honor points for AP courses and end with a lower uncapped GPA as a result. I would be curious to see how that gets factored into the admissions process as well as special awards (Regents and alumni scholarships).

On the other hand, there were school districts where students were guaranteed an A or a grade not lower than the grade they received in the prior semester.

3 Likes

I don’t think grades are the deciding factor for alumni. The applicant would need the academic credentials to get admitted, but alumni is based upon leadership and ECs.

2 Likes

same for my Daughter

Agree

Appreciate u keeping my post alive.

To reiterate, the only emails that matter are regents and alumni scholarship.

3 Likes