Ucla/berkeley

Does UCLA or UC Berkeley take into consideration medical issues that negatively affect grades. I experienced debilitating chronic migraines during sophomore year and I was prescribed an extremely strong anti-convulsant medication that impaired my cognitive abilities, including nausea, dizziness, and concentration issues. Thankfully, I was taken off the medication right before 11th grade and the side effects vanished. I ended up getting a B in AP World History and a C in AP Chemistry. However, I received straight A’s during 9th grade, straight A’s in 11th grade and currently have straight A’s in 12th and managed to get a 4.15 UC GPA and 1390/1600 SAT Score. Will the admissions people recognize that the medical issues created an academic anomaly since I couldn’t function at my full potential?

Write your issues in the extra comments section; your GC will probably mention it. You’ve already asked this same question and were given good answers.

You need to have some safeties. Your SAT is not competitive for those schools. Don’t put all of your hopes in two of the most competitive UCs. They do reject students with perfect stats so you need to be aware of that.

The UCs only use 10th and 11th grades for admission.