UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Ridiculous how UCLA has still not given me an update for the WL. Berkeley already rejected everyone off the waitlist, so UCLA please reject me already

4 Likes

Almost certain ucla will reject the remaining waitlist at this very late stage of transitioning to committed university. At least ucla accepted some off the waitlist before. i.e. Better treatment than Berkeley waitlist. Best of luck to everyone’s future study. Thanks to the forum champion for providing this thread.

2 Likes

Why do you think they have it open still then. I know last minute things can happen. And sudden changes might make a few spots available.

why keep a waitlist of 7000 if there could be a few spots open? and why do they have to make sure every single seat is filled, it shouldn’t be too big of a problem if their incoming class is short by just a few students

1 Like

but it does indeed stay that uc schools have the flexibility to release admission decisions from the waitlist prior to june 1st and may not release the waitlist until after july 31st so anything is still possible. Not trying to have false hope since I already committed elsewhere. And also if we have yet to get back our decisions I’m pretty sure its becoz spaces are still open. I also think last year’s UCLA waitlist closed hella late as well.

at least berkeley pulled the plug on the waitlist, ucla could keep us here till who knows when

If you feel that way, why do you think Berkeley kept the waitlist for > 2 months and only to reject all? We can all speculate. e.g. They want to reduce the number of appeals/lawsuits. Only they know the true reason. Many of us here receive the waitlist treatment from both Berkeley and UCLA. Only a few lucky ones are happy about how they “created/handled” the waitlists.

Hmm, I don’t know which one I prefer. Waitlisted till July 6 and Berkeley rejected all, or waitlisted till July 31 but at least some students got off the UCLA waitlist in May/June. I think I prefer the latter.

“And also if we have yet to get back our decisions I’m pretty sure its becoz spaces are still open”.
Not necessarily true based on how Berkeley waitlist ended this year. They could do this to us because they are the top UC’s. Please do update the thread if anyone receives acceptance in July. Appreciate it.

1 Like

you’re right, nobody knows except them. It’s best to try and begin accepting that nothing will happen than to probably still have false hope.

FYI, it’s not just the top UCs. UC Santa Cruz did the same this year. Zero in state pulled off the wait list, and only a small handful of out of state/internationals.

2 Likes

Are there any other UC waitlists that are currently open still? or is it just UCLA left.

1 Like

from what i heard ucla is the last one standing

and then there was one.

My daughter just got off the waitlist!!! Don’t lose hope! She is out of state and a freshman. TFT college! Her dream finally came true!!! Hope others hear good news soon too!!

15 Likes

Congrats. What major ? This morning ? Out of state, not sure if UCLA will throw a bone to the in state students. Regardless, great news. Congrats again !!!

1 Like

Congrats to your daughter but this is insane. They must hate the people that pay them tax dollars

3 Likes

Congrats! Did your daughter do anything other than write the waitlist letter? Did she call Admissions, talk to a professor, etc?

1 Like

Hi smeister, which committed school will your daughter let go in favor of UCLA ? So I can tell other students that there maybe a spot available and do something. Thanks.

My son was just accepted off the waitlist. In-state L&S. I’ve been following this thread, felt all your emotions as you’ve been waiting, and thought some of you may want to know. He’s not sure if he’ll accept but I know that he, like all of you, will be successful no matter where you land. Good luck to everyone!

4 Likes

Congrats, what major?

1 Like