UCLA Fall 2022: Transfer Thread

Ya u need to follow assist I believe

Wait nvm

Just tried it, did not work.

not yet, it will most likely work friday morning when they take the portal down

2 Likes

Hi everybody! I’m late to the party, but I decided to join the discussion now haha! So my story goes like this: I transferred to UC Irvine from Community College and now I’m trying to potentially transfer away from UCI. UCLA is a dream school of mine and I was rejected before first time I applied there right from community college.

Major: Art
GPA: 3.82
TAP+Alternate Major?: No
Extracurriculars: Multiple YouTube Channels with various different types of content, UROP Fellowship, Two Journal Publications of Artwork, Other Hobbies
IGETC status: Complete

In-state/OOS/International?: In-State
School Type: UC Irvine
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.): Dean’s List Every Semester at UCI, Design Arts Awardee, Awesome Foundation Grant Winner
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UC Santa Cruz (Accepted), UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Stanford (for funsies)

whats the appeal trick?

Hi All, Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but decisions may not come out until later in April. Hopefully this will be verified by UCLA soon. Please hang in there, I know how stressful this can be waiting.

omg what how do u know

6 Likes

Where did you get this information from?

1 Like

So why are they reviewing alumni scholarships before they know who got accepted? And why did they change the portal 3 weeks before decisions?

1 Like

I believe that is being delayed as well based on what I was told. Hopefully things change but I wanted to mention so that everyone is not disappointed and constantly checking Friday.

Who told u this though?

3 Likes

ok but what were u “told”

5 Likes

I feel like it is this Friday though. They don’t ever review alumni scholarship applications until after decisions are released. This has always been a pattern observed.

5 Likes

According to last year the alumni scholarship was reviewed on the 29th, the day after decisions came out. This year is scheduled for the 16th meaning decisions are the 15th most likely. Please state where you get your information from so we don’t freak out.

6 Likes

Are you able to tell us who or what your sources are?

4 Likes

Hi I understand the stress, it was from an alumni scholarship reader that received an email regarding the delay. I am sure the date will be updated on UCLA soon and other sites like Ask ms sun will validate.

I cant handle this for another 3 weeks. The stress will get me before decisions ever come. How can they delay when they have a lower number of applicants than last year?

1 Like

Can you show proof?

1 Like

Hey guys. Don’t feel stressed out. I’ve never heard of decisions being delayed and I’m 99% sure that decisions will be released this Friday. Good luck to all and I hope you get a good nights rest for the remaining days. There will not be a delay. Trust me on this. Friday, April 15th is when UCLA is releasing.

9 Likes