UCSB Honors v. UC Berkeley FPF?

I just got off the waitlist at UC Berkeley in College of Letters & Science. The only “pathways” they have left for me to enroll in are Global Edge (which I do not want) or Fall Program for Freshmen; there are no more traditional pathway options. I’m really wary of this FPF thing — concerned abt housing, classes, being a part of campus. Now I’ve gotta pick between UC Berk FPF or UCSB Honors by May 14th.

If anyone has insight into Berk’s FPF (especially main campus involvement) please share!! It’s made my excitement over getting off the waitlist become concern over picking up last scraps. Any thoughts are welcome, and if you know anyone who did FPF I’d be so grateful to be put in touch with them! Thank you!!

For some more info on me, I love the activism vibe of UC Berk, the academia vibe, & as a NorCal kid I love the rainy weather, & since it’s in a city I figure there will be more opportunities to get involved w social justice, law, & politics (espec since Berk has a law school & SB does not). Re SB, I LOVE the ocean, feel special/wanted bc of Honors program, & I tend to be laid back & chill & down to join a party (which seems to be SB’s big descriptors). But I’m concerned that all there is to do in IV is surf or party or thrift in downtown SB, which honestly would get old for me, & I’m worried my NorCal “granola” vibe won’t mix w the SoCal, more LA-similar vibe.