UCSD vs Cal Poly SLO vs UCLA

I’m trying to decide between UCLA and Cal Poly by Tuesday and very torn! Everyone seems to say that Cal Poly is ranked very high for engineering and easy to get a job out of college. However, I’m wondering if this statement is applicable to other majors. I am planning to major in psychology and wondering if it is just as easy to get a high paying job after graduating from Cal Poly as it is if I graduated from UCLA? Is Cal Poly just known for its engineering/computer science or other majors too?

@highschoolstudent52900, not to rain on the parade, but high paying job and BS in psychology aren’t usually found in the same sentence, let alone “easy to get.” The median starting salary for psychology undergrads without advanced degrees is $32,000. I wouldn’t expect grads from UCLA or Cal Poly to be far from that average. Choose the one you like the best, and if you want to unlock higher earnings, consider an advanced degree.

thanks so much! You’re completely right! I’m undeclared rn so just considering doing psychology, I might major in communications. I am planning to go to grad school, maybe law or med school. I’m not sure right now so hard to decide which school to attend.

@highschoolstudent52900, don’t over think it. They are both good, but very different options. I’d say don’t put much weight on prestige. Emphasize what is important to you. Do you live the hustle and bustle of the city? Big time college athletics? Choose UCLA. Prefer more pastoral, outdoorsy, where small classes and Learn by Doing is the attraction, choose Cal Poly. What ever is important to you will drive your gut, and it will be right, because there’s no wrong decision here.