UFE and CBHP Essay Question!

This year I’m applying for both UFE and CBHP honors programs, and I had a few questions about the essays. For the UFE application, one of the short answers dealt with “intellectual curiosity,” and I talked about my research project I did over the summer. For the CBHP program, the essay is about research. I was wondering if the same committee read both applications and if it was okay to use the same topic/some of the same phrases for both essays, since they fit really well?

Thanks in advance!!

The “reading committees” are different, but the end readers are the same. In other words, if you were one of the 1-2 people out of 60 invitees total combined between the two groups that were invited to interview for both programs (it only occurs for a couple of students each year) then the end readers of those groups–the interviewers–will have some duplication. The research project information is probably more relevant to CBH and you should highlight your interest in servant leadership for UFE. However, since the chances of being invited to interview for both are very limited, you could risk it. Most students who are well rounded enough to apply to both programs have different stories for each. Essays are critically important in the selection process for both of these programs. Invest the time.

@swim4school Thanks for the response! I’ll probably change up my “intellectual curiosity” essay, since there are other things I can write about that would fit.