UIC GPPA Class of 2025

Hi ! Could u add me in the group chat too ? I got into GPPA for dentistry but I can’t find anyone else who did

Sure, just be aware that I’m pretty sure everyone else in the group is medicine. Also, congrats!

hi, i got in too! can i be added to the gc?

Sure thing I’ll add you now :grin:

Hi, Im class of 2026👋. I plan on applying to GPPA dent but kind of need direction because I know of no one that got in previously? Do you mind me asking about your stats, ur essay, or ur interview? Anything would help rlly

I’m GPPA med so this may not help, but this is what I posted last year in the BSMD results thread:
Stats

GPA: 4.0 (UW), 4.654 (W)

Class Rank: NA; Class Size 300+

SAT/ACT: Test optional

AP’s (at time of application)
Human Geo: 5
Computer Science Principles: 5
Seminar: 5
Research: 5
Language and composition: 4
Biology: 3 (was done with the crappy online FRQs)
(I sent all my AP scores to colleges, even the dismal 3 in biology)

AP Calculus BC, Psychology, Literature and Composition, and German (currently taking this year);

Teacher / Counselor Recs: Not seen, but in my interview with Dr.Chambers he told me they are some of the best letters of recommendation he has ever seen :sweat_smile: My counselor and I are really close, and the other came from my research teacher (who really likes me as I’m my school’s only student to get a 5 in both AP Capstone courses) and my AP Bio teacher who also thought I was a good student.

Major ECs:
Varsity Track and Field Athlete: All Conference (3 years); Varsity letter (3 years); 9th,10th,11th grades

JV/Varsity Field Hockey Player: Varsity letter (1 year); Athletic Honor Roll; Elite 8; 9th,10th,11th grades

Varsity Cross Country Athlete: All Conference (1 year); Varsity letter (1 year); Varsity Newcomer of the Year; 11th grade

National Honor Society: Chapter President; 10th,11th,12th grades

Independent Research: Conducted independent research on personality and placebos; 11th grade

AP Research Mentor Cohort: Founder and coordinator; 12th grade

Work:
Dunkin’ Donuts Cashier: 11th grade

Honors:
-Advanced Placement Capstone Diploma
-National German Exam Level 2 Silver Presidential Honor Roll
-Advanced Placement Scholar with Distinction
-Mu Alpha Theta

Community Service:
Summer Freshman Academy Co-teacher: Helped to teach incoming freshmen with IEPs and 504s math and communication skills for High School; 11th grade

Medically related activities:
I have a rather unique situation. I have no shadowing or hospital volunteering, and haven’t had any opportunities to conduct research with a college or other institution. However, my mother is quite medically complicated and I am one of her caretakers. I also have two sisters on the autism spectrum and I have ADHD and Tourette’s disorder. My experience and interest in medicine is very personal and I detailed this in my application. So while I don’t have the traditional medicine related extracurriculars, I think my unique relationship with the field of medicine made me stand out.

Applied to the following BS/MD Programs:
CWRU PPSP: rejected pre-interview
UIC GPPA: Accepted

I only applied to two programs, not out of a lack of interest in a BSMD, cause I am very interested, but out of the desire to put forth better applications. I felt that focusing my effort on two BSMD programs would allow for better applications, and I think it did, however, I do wish I had applied to more BSMD programs. I frankly wasn’t expecting to get into any BSMD programs, since I feel under qualified, therefore, I think my lack of faith in myself did hold me back from trying to apply for other programs.
All in all, I feel like a bit of a strange candidate and am quite shocked that I even got in, but elated none the less.

So as of today, I have committed to UIC GPPA. I hope this post helps any future candidates :grin:

I hope that helps a tad bit

1 Like

It does, thanks!