Class Rank: NA; Class Size 300+

SAT/ACT: Test optional

AP’s (at time of application)
Human Geo: 5
Computer Science Principles: 5
Seminar: 5
Research: 5
Language and composition: 4
Biology: 3 (was done with the crappy online FRQs)

AP Calculus BC, Psychology, Literature and Composition, and German (currently taking this year);

Teacher / Counselor Recs: Not seen, but in my interview with Dr.Chambers he told me they are some of the best letters of recommendation he has ever seen :sweat_smile: My counselor and I are really close, and the other came from my research teacher (who really likes me as I’m my school’s only student to get a 5 in both AP Capstone courses) and my AP Bio teacher who also thought I was a good student.

Major ECs:
Varsity Track and Field Athlete: All Conference (3 years); Varsity letter (3 years); 9th,10th,11th grades

JV/Varsity Field Hockey Player: Varsity letter (1 year); Athletic Honor Roll; Elite 8; 9th,10th,11th grades

Varsity Cross Country Athlete: All Conference (1 year); Varsity letter (1 year); Varsity Newcomer of the Year; 11th grade

National Honor Society: Chapter President; 10th,11th,12th grades

Independent Research: Conducted independent research on personality and placebos; 11th grade

AP Research Mentor Cohort: Founder and coordinator; 12th grade

Work:
Dunkin’ Donuts Cashier: 11th grade

Honors:
-Advanced Placement Capstone Diploma
-National German Exam Level 2 Silver Presidential Honor Roll
-Advanced Placement Scholar with Distinction
-Mu Alpha Theta

Community Service:
Summer Freshman Academy Co-teacher: Helped to teach incoming freshmen with IEPs and 504s math and communication skills for High School; 11th grade

Medically related activities:
I have a rather unique situation. I have no shadowing or hospital volunteering, and haven’t had any opportunities to conduct research with a college or other institution. However, my mother is quite medically complicated and I am one of her caretakers. I also have two sisters on the autism spectrum and I have ADHD and Tourette’s disorder. My experience and interest in medicine is very personal and I detailed this in my application. So while I don’t have the traditional medicine related extracurriculars, I think my unique relationship with the field of medicine made me stand out.

Applied to the following BS/MD Programs:
CWRU PPSP: rejected pre-interview
UIC GPPA: Accepted

I only applied to two programs, not out of a lack of interest in a BSMD, cause I am very interested, but out of the desire to put forth better applications. I felt that focusing my effort on two BSMD programs would allow for better applications, and I think it did, however, I do wish I had applied to more BSMD programs. I frankly wasn’t expecting to get into any BSMD programs, since I feel under qualified, therefore, I think my lack of faith in myself did hold me back from trying to apply for other programs.
All in all, I feel like a bit of a strange candidate and am quite shocked that I even got in, but elated none the less.

Thanks a lot for sharing your stats.

Yeah no problem :grin:

oo could you add me to the gc too! thank you :smile:

Sure I’ll add you right now. Congrats!

i was interviewed by him, pm if u wanna talk!

1 Like

could u add me too please? :grin:

Yep doing it now, congrats!

Can I also be added please?

Sure thing, doing it now :grin:

I got accepted too!!! Can you please add me to the GC?

1 Like

Sure doing it now

Thanks

Yeah no problem :grin: congrats!