UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

There’s a button in the spire portal (you can log into spire using the info in the acceptance letter), which just says “financial aid” and I just clicked the see what it was an it was there

1 Like

UMass admissions Instagram confirmed that RD only goes out in “RD decisions are released in waves in February and March” so maybe your “friend” was confused?

1 Like

so when they say all EA applicants will hear by the end of January, do they REALLY mean on Tuesday, the 31st?!

1 Like

I would say 50-50 chance that is a yes as we are really bumping up against that date at this point and they aren’t posting decisions over the weekend I am sure!

1 Like

Adams scholarship doesn’t show up in financial letter, but son got the official letter from his HS. Will this automatically be applied, or do we need to contact the school? Admissions, Financial aid or bursar? After we enroll or now-ish?

You will need to contact the school and send a copy of the letter. If you son is going there make sure he puts you on his SPIRE account as someone who has financial access and you will need to have a PIN number as well. I do not recall who we had to send the letter to as getting the letter during Covid 2020 was such as issue we had to involved our local state Rep! Once you get the letter in you do not have to worry about it semester to semester, year to year luckily. It is not a huge amount of money but it helps and we are grateful for it!

1 Like

Email admissions and FA asking where to forward it and they are usually very good about getting back to you in 24 hours.

DD23 applied to nursing and hasn’t heard. I am watching instagram and other socials closely and I have not heard ONE person who applied to nursing say that they heard.

It is asked repeatedly on Insta and they never answer that. Second wave people asked about Isenberg and CS and they replied there would be some in wave 2, and there was but no nursing…

Also someone on insta said it wasn’t fair to release admitted student day sign ups when not all decisions had been received and they replied, they’ll have 11 days. Echoing the idea that the third and final wave will be Tuesday 1/31.

Also it has been said earlier on this thread that 24,000 ish applied EA last year and this year it’s 29,000ish. I wouldn’t think 5 k would make that big of an impact, but who am I?

Just my deep thoughts…lol

1 Like

My daughter was accepted in the last wave and is planning to major in communication. Last night, she received an email about being pre-admitted to a new program where she could obtain a masters through the business school in an extra year. Wondering if others received this and had thoughts about it. She’ll sign up for the virtual event but was surprised and potentially intrigued by this.

1 Like

Makes sense that nursing is in wave 3 given how competitive that is. I think 5k is a very big increase. It is about 20%. So assuming Isenberg last year acceptance rate was 40% and CS was 30% and they experience proportional increase in apps and keep yield at similar levels the acceptance rates will drop down to about 33-34% and 25-26%. Pretty rough calc but gives u some sense of the impact magnitude.

1 Like

My oldest is a current student and has this option as well (well a choice of 4 +1 masters options). In a nutshell they apply or are officially accepted into the +1 program junior year, senior year they take 6 masters level classes that count toward their undergrad but also the +1, then after they grad with their BA/BS they complete the remaining requirements for the Masters.

In state friends daughter accepted in second wave for nursing honors college.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining it! Is your oldest considering it? It sounds like my daughter is pre-accepted as long as she maintains her GPA thru her junior year.

Mine is undecided. Current Junior with enough credits to graduate a year early, but is staying to complete 2 degrees and adding a minor. He’s going to add in the Masters level classes even if he doesn’t add the +1, he has until the end of this semester to officially decide. I think if his sibling ends up there (still waiting) he’s way more likely to stay, so this next wave should hopefully sway a few decisions in our household.

Visited the camps already, and my dad went there. It is a beautiful place, kinda big, but the different colleges seem to be organized in building clusters so it doesn’t actually mean you have to walk from one end to the other every day. The bus system is free and goes all the way to Northampton and all the shopping in between. So you can take advantage of classes in the other 4 schools in the 5 college system.
Will post about honors dorms and classes if I can pull that off. Thanks

2 Likes

My D23 received that too. She’s admitted as an English major, so she was also surprised.

1 Like

Thanks again for the info and good luck in the next wave!

Got into UMass Amherst honors college for Isenberg management with 8k scholarship!

4 Likes

Did you get acceptance today?

nope, a couple of weeks ago

1 Like