UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Daughter was waitlisted. So disappointing. She applied CS from OOS -4.0 with 1470 SAT, NHS, Marching Band section leader, Robotics, part time job and lots of clubs and volunteer hours.

CRAZY! So surprising!!

1 Like

Waitlisted -Isenberg OOS AND deferred Northeastern. Not a good day for my S23

1 Like

Working while going to h.s. makes your accomplishments even more impressive. My kids worked all through h.s. since age 14 and it absolutely makes things like studying and sports (and sleep) much harder. Good for you and congratulations! Let that survivor guilt go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My son is in state, biology major, and was waitlisted (essentially rejected), it was his reach school. He has been accepted to URI, UNH, and UMaine. His sister is a sophomore there, engineering major, had ! He had a 3.9, test optional, and 2 APs, played sports and worked part-time. If you were waitlisted keep in mind that last year they waitlisted over 8500, almost 3700 accepted a spot on the waitlist and only 74 were admitted. His letter said more than 50,000 people applied for the Fall, last year just over 45,500 applied.

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. UMass was supposed to be a saftey according to her college counselor and moved down on her list over time. She just got into Northeastern Boston campus today and has also gotten into two of her top choices, University of Delaware and University of Vermont. Would much rather go to one of those than wait on UMass.

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™m sorry for your son as well. Not sure if heā€™ll get off the waitlist but he has other good options so Iā€™m going to encourage him to move forward without holding his breath for UMass Amherst.

1 Like

My daughter was waitlisted for Isenberg .
OOS
4 GPA weighted
AP and Dual enrollment courses and honors
Many extracurriculars
Performing arts program
NHS
AHS

Same! My son got into UVM with scholarship money and he prefers UVM over UMASS! Also got into Global Scholars at Northeastern. We are just surprised! Iā€™m sure the kids will all find their right school!

2 Likes

If you Google the common data set for the school and look at part C, you will be able to see info on how they utilize their waitlist (how many are places on it, how many get in, if itā€™s ranked, etc.).

I cannot find any info if my dtr was offered any financial aid. Does that come later? Each school weve applied to has done it differently

Financial aid awards will be posted later. Merit awards are included in the acceptance letter.

Ok, so then I guess no merit. Thank you

DD waitlisted for nursing OOS
-3.87 uw
-9 APā€™s, 4,s and 5ā€™s

• 1320 SAT went test optional
  • strong ECā€™s and volunteering

Not going to accept place on waitlist, as she already got into Drexel, UMBC, Pace, Pitt and Southern CT for nursing with honors college and meritā€¦ and now waits for regular decision.

I hope your son was admitted today. My son is also sports management and got accepted in the last wave thankfully. UMass is his top choice. hoping for the best for your son as well. :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:

same situation hereā€¦

Folks on waitlist. UMASS Waitlist actually moves. Lot of IS students apply to UMASS as safety. UMASS doesnā€™t do yield management like NEU and other privates and hence would have offered them spots. Lot of them wonā€™t matriculate at UMASS. So keep a positive spirit, if this is your choice school. The waitlist actually moves.

4 Likes

If youā€™re in-state, thereā€™s no merit for just about anyone. However, if your daughter got the Adams Scholarship, itā€™s basically $1,760 in merit.

Need based aid comes out in March.

1 Like

More than many schools, but still not that much.

(From this yearā€™s CDS)

1 Like

I was going with our previous experience. 20-21 dataset.

And 21-22 data set which was even better.

2 Likes