UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I found out that the form is just for the LLP preference and does not indicate commitment to enroll, so it’s all good! Some LLPs are very competitive, so they are probably allotting some time toward the selection process for those so we can know which one we got into by the time May rolls around.

1 Like

Sounds like we were there at the same time. I graduated in 92. It looks much the same. My son was in Hagerstown as a freshman and it looked the same as It did in the late 80’s. The school looks much the same with a bunch of newer buildings sprinkled throughout.

College Park itself is nothing great. Not sure it ever was even when we were there. The metro being close is nice. I have FPP and both kids have BF. From that perspective it stinks. I was able to get my son in state after 4 semesters. He also got a 50k scholarship over 4 years so that helped. We won’t know about our daughters for another month or so. Is it worth it? For my son it has been. He has excelled both academically and socially. He’s met a lot of people and got a taste of winter. He has certainly grown up. Neither kid wants to live here as an adult and both felt like going to UF would be an extension of high school. They both went to Suncoast in PB county. I suppose that is true of any school but I like you was given that OOS opportunity and wanted them to have it. I also think the internship opportunities are much greater in the DMV than in Gainesville.

Another SoFla (Broward County) Terp family here! (Met my DH at UM in '87.)

I agree that UF is a better value with FL PPD and BF; just waiting to see if DS gets it!

If he chooses UMD, he’d be a third generation Terp. :slight_smile:

Terp family here, graduated in 95, met my husband there and married in the chapel!

2 Likes

Has anyone still not received their decision yet? I’m from nyc and applied undecided. I also submitted my test scores through college board but my application checklist says they haven’t received my scores. Did they want official score reports?

Yes, they did want official reports. Call admissions on monday to clarify and see if anything can be done. (EDIT: I still havent received my decision either)

1 Like

@sdevorefl my parents gave me the opportunity to go OOS and I want to give her the same. Going to go up over Spring Break. I lived in Hagerstown, I can’t believe it looks the same, ugh! Still community bathrooms?

I lived in Hagerstown, too! 1985-86. 6th Floor. :slight_smile:

How does housing work for UMD? Some colleges let you put a housing deposit down before you commit.

88-89 1st floor, hated the 1st floor, wasn’t that social

1 Like

The preference form is not a commitment to attend the university. It is just a preference form. Have your daughter fill it out if she is still CONSIDERING UMD. UMD takes its deadlines very seriously.

1 Like

Yes same w me! Sent my scores through CB on 10/27 and my checklist said they weren’t received, but all my other docs were in. Still haven’t gotten decision :confused:

1 Like

Hey. Call the admissions office on moneday! They needed the official SAT score report document from college board

1 Like

What if you have all your other documents submitted and they have been marked received and you applied test optional?

1 Like

Well if you applied test optional then you should be good. They might’ve made a mistake in their system if you haven’t received a decision (Or you might receive it on monday). Just call them up

1 Like

Yes. Rooms are coed on the same hallway. In our day one wing was male the other side female. Now they are mixed so you may have to walk to the other side to use the bathroom depending.

My daughter got in!! Anyone know how financial aid is???

Not sure. My DD got in carillon communities and I looked it up

Can someone plz explain how LEPs work??

@american1 - From what I have seen over several years is that Financial is mostly just the Standard Federal Student Loans. Some include Work Study jobs.

LEPs (Limited Enrollment Programs) are Majors that get more applications than UMD can accommodate, so some applicants are put in Letters & Sciences and have to do an Internal Transfer to get into the Major

1 Like