Alumni/ae relation X
Geographical residence X
State residency X
Religious affiliation/commitment X
Racial/ethnic status X
Volunteer work X
Work experience X
Level of applicant’s interest X

Based on the what they provided, legacy is not important and State residency (mainly MD) is important.

Good Luck !!!

3 Likes

70% (minimum) of their incoming freshman have to be in-state. Usually if hovers around 74-75%

1 Like

Just saw on twitter that UMD received about 50K applications for admission this year.

1 Like

Yes, I saw that too. That’s up by a ton.

Test-optional spawns a lot of courage!

1 Like

Yes, many schools are getting many.more applications this year because of test optional.

1 Like

On the financial aid portal, there is a section called “Cost of Attendance” Breakdown. Do you guys see anything on there? I got my merit like 2 weeks ago, but I dont see anything on this cost of attendance section.

Any top 100 school with the exception of Florida public has gone way up. Florida still required the test. Any top school got loads more.

1 Like

From google search:

https://financialaid.umd.edu/resources-policies/cost-attendance

hahahaha

Does anyone know when the B/K results come out?

Is there a post for UMD regular decision? This one seems to be all about scholarships.

I’m pretty sure this is the thread for regular decision. I suspect the discussion about scholarships is because the decision notification date is still a few weeks away. Not sure about UMD in particular, but some schools let scholarship winners know early.

Ok. Came here expecting to see people talking abt when decisions will be out and past year experiences. But this one is just so different from other RD threads and I’m so lost. LOL. Thanks for clarifying.

Back in 2018, they said they got 30K+ a year:

That’s a 60% increase in 3 years!

3 Likes

Full ride through Banneker Key !! Honestly was not expecting it

8 Likes

Congratulations! Did you feel good about the interview?

The interview went well! It was my third-panel interview so I was relatively adjusted to the format and expectations.

Do RD decisions come out right on the dot on April 1st or earlier? Is there any warning or notification of release date?