UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I would find it hard to pass up a full ride at UMD. Good Luck.

2 Likes

believe me, it is very hard to pass up. We haven’t given up the good fight yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone was interested. After attending a panel recently for UMD, I found out that honors college decisions should come out tomorrow. So good luck guys!

1 Like

That makes sense. Last year, the B/K kids found out which honors community on the day of their interviews.

A very large percentage (maybe 50%) of Honors students are selected for University Honors. They luckily have a brand new dorm to look forward to. Does anyone know the newest expected completion date?

I hope to get into my top choice but I really don’t mind getting into UH. They are all really great programs.

http://reslife.umd.edu/futurecampushousing/
According to this website it’s expected to open for this fall. Hopefully it will be done in time for the new freshmen.

Are honors college decisions out yet?

We saw the decision for Honors posted in Portal >Check List. D got into ILS.

2 Likes

Got into ACES! Yay!

2 Likes

Congrats !!!

Scholars isn’t out yet

I also got into ACES! :).

1 Like

Scholars placements are also out thru email!

1 Like

Thank you. My D got first choice Life Sciences.

2 Likes

Congrats, everyone! I believe that ACES and ILS (in no particular order) are the hardest Honors programs to get into. Enjoy!

1 Like

My son got into ACES :slight_smile:

1 Like

My daughter is in Life Science- corrected from above. She’s in Scholars not Honors.

My son is thrilled to have received a $8k/year scholarship from the School of Music, in addition to the $12k/year initial scholarship (OOS, Honors College, Poli Sci). This makes Maryland affordable! The only potential drawback is that he’d have stay in the Music program (double-majoring), and I’m not sure he’s 100% sure about that.

Does anyone know if UMD counts legacy in admissions? Specifically, if a sibling attends (parents are not alums). And does it matter if you are OOS?

They’ve told us (dual alumni family) many times they do not. We had a specific alumni event for prospective students and they made that very clear to all of the parents on the program.

1 Like