UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

bold of maryland to encourage me to transfer at the end of my rejection letter smh :roll_eyes: im too petty to do that

2 Likes

Ohio State sent me the same letter in my rejection letter. “If you’re still interested in OSU, consider transferring.” In the end, OSU reevaluated me and accepted me with a nice scholarship.

1 Like

I could be wrong but it looks to me that they operate on the first come first serve style and only accepted handful of RD. If you check out the EA thread you’d see how the percentage of acceptance and rejection is so disproportional.

me too, did you end up getting one? I still don’t have one.

At our school, they say don’t bother to apply to UMD unless you apply EA.

1 Like

Wish they had told us. Same for Purdue, we learned after it was all too late.

1 Like

no. I still don’t have one.

For my d also there is no decision as of now.

Is it pretty much luck-based? I did also apply to the music school, so it can’t be a complete coincidence to be honest.

I still don’t have my decision.

1 Like

Same with ours. The AO told us that at a college fair too. EA was your biggest advantage

1 Like

I know someone else who doesn’t have one either. They didn’t put it on their social media so maybe some colleges haven’t made their decisions yet? I’d call on Monday

1 Like

All makes sense now. My younger son applied RD 2025 and did it very late. He has a brother at Maryland who was admitted EA to the class of 2022 with much lower SATs and GPA a few years ago. I graduated from Maryland myself. Younger guy has a 1460 SAT and 4.5 WGPA has been admitted to Emory & Boston U and was denied from College Park. Wasn’t likely to attend but I was shocked nonetheless?! Good luck everyone. Go Terps!!

All opinions welcome. Is UMD worth full price out of state tuition? A business major but not direct admit to Smith.

We are not. What’s your other options ?

I thought that they did let students know about this during Admissions talks. It’s weird, I know. Early Action is really applying on time and Regular Decision is late.

We are OOS and from a high school that does not encourage students apply to OOS colleges. I wish they had clearly stated on their admission website that EA is the RD, and RD would be considered only if spaces permits. Had we known we’d either apply EA or save the work and money.

Did UMD reach out to anyone yet for RD? They said they’ll release by April 1

I haven’t heard anything yet.

UMD was little work. They had like 5 finish this sentence. Money yes not work no if u used common app

Schools all tell u that u r advantaged to apply early. It’s not a secret.