UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

same!! but my friend got her decision back on Friday and she was waitlisted

If you did not hear on Friday I would call admissions today to ask to be sure that there isn’t an issue.

Has anyone called admissions if they didn’t get a decision? A friend of mine hasn’t heard yet either but if someone here called and they said they were not finished releasing the decisions she won’t bother calling them herself.

My son didn’t receive a decision last Friday so we called and were told the decision has been made but he doesn’t see in his portal nor did he get an email. They are having their IT dept looking into it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Good luck to your son!

2 Likes

I have yet to receive a decision.

What contact number did you call? We are in the same situation, She didn’t receive a decision on Portal nor did he get an email.

I called them as well (undergraduate admissions office)
Contact Us | The University of Maryland. They just told me that my decision will be out by April 1, that’s it.

i haven’t gotten anything either, nothing in the portal, no emails. i know at least two people who got their decisions last week (accepted) so i’m confused as to why some people are getting their decisions and the rest of us aren’t

1 Like

Good to know that we are not the only one to not know the decision. Their portal and process both seems to be less friendly.

Obviously for the RD round, they roll the decisions. Call back April 1 if you haven’t heard.

The response was decisions would be announced by April 1st.

Sorry to hear that you’re getting a generic answer.

I read the EA thread earlier this year and they had a lot of issues with ppl not seeing their decision

1 Like

I just received my decision. I got in!

7 Likes

We received my d’s decision and she is in!

2 Likes

Just got rejected which was kinda awkward b/c it was a match school. Gotta take some L’s in life. I’ll most likely commit to UVA

UVA’s more difficult to get into anyways so likely just has to do with RD

3 Likes

I think applying after the initial early period changes that dynamic - it becomes much harder.

While obviously you wanted to end up at UMD, UVA is an awfully strong second choice - most would say stronger than your first choice. So congrats and good luck to you.

2 Likes