UMiami or Rollins College

<p>Rollins offered me 25,000 per year for 4 years. I could also run cross country there which is important to me.</p>

<p>However, UMiami has more name recognition and prestige but offered me no money. I couldn't run there because I'm not good enough for D1. </p>

<p>I am undecided on what I wish to major in.</p>

<p>Any advice on which one to attend is greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>First let me note that I attended law school at University of Miami and thus have a bias in favor of them.</p>

<p>With that noted, if both schools have the programs that you want, take the less expensive option,which would be Rollins. Miami may have better weather and may have a bit of a better name,but it isn't Harvard. It doesn't have the cache to warrant paying $25,000 more.Save $100,000+ over the four years and never look back.</p>

<p>One final thought, check out the requirements for keeping your scholarship. Sometimes school have too high a required GPA in order to keep the scholarship. It should normally not exceed 3.25.</p>

<p>OK are you kidding? UM is much better. Its as good as BC, whereas Rollins is a crappy school.</p>