UMiami vs Penn State vs Northeastern

<p>Hey guys! As you can see, I am trying to decide between these three schools to transfer to (I will be a junior transfer). I am still waiting to hear back from Cornell and Boston College. Cornell is my first choice and if accepted I will attend there, but I am trying to prepare myself for rejection by picking out my back up school. Anyway, I have already been accepted to the three schools stated above. I am leaning towards UMiami partly because I already live in Miami so it is familiar territory and partly because (as shallow as it may sound) it is ranked highest and my parents are pressuring me to choose the highest ranked school even though Northeastern is my dad's alma mater (not to mention I think they want me closer to home, but won't tell me that directly). I am still sort of undecided though. I kind of want to experience a new environment. Any advice would be appreciated. </p>

<p>SN: At UM I would be majoring in human and social development as part of the college of education. At Penn State I would be studying human development at university park. And at Northeastern I would be a human services major.</p>

<p>Why did you choose UM over some of the other schools you were accepted to?</p>

<p>bump…</p>