University of Alabama Admissions

I recently just applied to the University of Alabama. When I sent in my application, it never told me to pay the $40 application fee. So how do I pay that? Also, I got locked out of my Login ID and PIN because I entered my pin in wrong too many times, so it locked me out. I need to check my application status, so is there any way for me to change my pin somehow??

call admissions office and ask them what to do. Sounds like you created some issues that are beyond the scope of advise that we can give

call admissions office and ask them what to do. Sounds like you created some issues that are beyond the scope of advise that we can give

Did you indicate that you qualify for free lunch or anything that would mean that your app fee was waived?

IF not, maybe your app wasn’t submitted?

Did you get an email with a CWID?

As for being locked out…go to this link and contact the appropriate people
https://oit.ua.edu/contact/

I do not qualify for free lunch or anything. I got an email that confirmed that my application was submitted and got an email wit an CWID.

So, the app process never asked for a credit card number?

Did you contact anyone from that link I provided to get your MyBama login corrected?

It never asked for a credit card number. I tried calling and emailing the undergrad office, but they haven’t responded.I just logged into my MyBama login and I can now see my application.

@lillyluv13 if you can get to the summary of your app it will show you if it thinks you have paid already or not.

@flatKansas It says that I haven’t paid, but I don’t know how to pay the fee

I don’t know what sort of questions are asked, but somehow you might have answered a question that gave UA the idea that you’ll be sending in a fee waiver.

Call Admissions and find out how to pay. Have the credit card ready…and maybe a parent with you while on the phone.

Pick up the phone and call, and don’t hang up 'til you reach someone who can answer your question.

FYI, the person you reach first when you call admissions (and many other departments, as well) will often be a student. They mean well, but they don’t have all the answers. Ask to speak with an undergrad admissions counselor - that person should be able to help you.

You may be able to pay using your CWID too, but the fastest way probably is to call admissions and talk to someone that can take the credit card/payment information.

If housing applications begin Oct 1 (like they have been done historically) you will want to submit that at the appropriate time (early housing applications get electronic access to signing up for dorm room). You will have to pay something else first too - some UA non-refundable fee. The housing fee from what I remember is refundable within a time frame if you decide not to go to UA.

@mom2collegekids @dodgersmom @SOSConcern … The University of Alabama got all of my required things on my application and says it is complete and ready for review on August 2nd. How long do you think it will take to hear back?? Also, on the application, it never asked for extracurriculars from high school? How do they know what I’ve participated in throughout my high school career?

If the school also has your HS transcript, it will be quick if you are a fairly strong student.

The application is what it is - don’t try to overcomplicate it. :slight_smile: (If you’re eligible for the honors college, though, you’ll be asked to write a short statement about yourself - you can include your extracurriculars there.)

<<<<<<
How do they know what I’ve participated in throughout my high school career?
<<<

The dirty little secret is…most schools don’t care what a student’s ECs were in high school. They care about grades and scores.

Sure there are schools that have “holistic admissions” who consider those things, but most schools don’t.

Got accepted into the University of Alabama today!!!

Me too!! Roll tide (: