University of Alabama Class of 2026 Admissions

It took a while for dd to hear from UA. She applied on July 31 and was admitted on Oct 11.

Did you get an email?

My son, who applied on 10/19, received his acceptance email just now.
Good luck.

1 Like

My daughter applied on 10/20 and got her acceptance in the mail on 11/2. Email followed a few days later. Good luck!

1 Like

I just checked my inbox, and the acceptance email was there! Though, I’m still waiting on the acceptance via mail 

Just got my acceptance! So excited!

2 Likes

Did you guys who just heard about acceptance apply test optional?

Yes, my daughter did.

Gotcha, my daughter applied on 10/18 but sent test scores in. we haven’t heard anything yet.

I applied with scores! Since it’s rolling, the time to hear back can really depend. I wouldn’t stress :slight_smile:

Where in the portal do you see the decision response? Mine just has all green check marks and I don’t see where an admission decision would be located.

1 Like

It’ll just pop up at the bottom of the page with the letter saying Congratulations, You’ve Been Admitted! There isn’t anything to click or anything to take you to another page.

2 Likes

I was told there is no automatic merit if you didn’t submit SAT scores
otherwise you need to wait until Jan/feb to hear if you receive any other scholarship $$

2 Likes

So sorry. I thought I responded. It took about two weeks to hear back. It was fast.

@beachmama1 Thank you for this info!

Our son just got admitted to UA! Applied October 22nd.
4.0 Weighted / Test Optional

3 Likes

D22 was admitted last week
Communications
4.2 weighted GPA
28 ACT
Full IB Diploma
OOS
Texas.

1 Like

Where do you see how much scholarship money was given? Do you need to create a MyBama account? My acceptance is in my freshman portal but it then says to create a Mybama account. This is a safety school for me but curious about merit.

Good questions
but I am not sure exactly how to answer them. Right now Alabama is a safety for my D22 as well. Although she is thankful to be admitted and is eligible for merit according to Alabama’s website, she has not confirmed exactly how much.

1 Like

Did she create a MyBama account?

Not yet
that will be on the “to do” list for this weekend.