University of Alabama Class of 2026 Admissions

We received a letter in the mail in September letting us know about the merit amount. We have not seen it on the Mybama site.

2 Likes

DS 22 applied 10-30, they received official SAT score 11-02, accepted today, came up on portal. OOS, 4.3 GPA/1330 SAT, waiting for Merit information.

2 Likes

DD got her acceptance yesterday! Applied 11/4, 3.81 weighted GPA, test optional, OOS, heavy honors/AP/DE course load and lots of fine arts/honor society extra curricular activities. Roll tide!

2 Likes

OOS DS 22 submitted ACT

• applied 10/19,
  • accepted 11/8.
  • Finally receive mailed letter today: merit Presidential $28K.

11/18: submitted Supplemental Scholarship Application, hoping for the National Hispanic Recognition award,
==>==> but we won’t hear back until early March?

“Thank you for submitting your Freshman Supplemental Scholarship Application. Students can expect consolidated scholarship notifications via their Crimson Mail account in early March.”

2 Likes

The 2 days of tours and meetings set up for my DD through the Honors College were amazing! Private sit-downs with department heads. We also joke that you would have thought she was a 5 Star QB recruit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone received their Competitive Scholarship offer? It mentions first round notification by mid December if you were admitted in October. My daughter said her 2022-2023 Financial Aid page was no longer available when she checked today. Maybe an indication that they are getting updated?

Where is the 2022-2023 Financial Aid Page? Is it in MyBama?

I could not find my award year either. I hope they get released soon

Yes, in MyBama. Not there this morning again.

I just got an email from UA about scholarships. It said that my application has been rolled to the second round of UA competitive admissions scholarships. What is the difference between first round and second round? Will I have a lesser chance of receiving a large scholarship because I was moved to the second round? Thank you for all of your help!

1 Like

I would not fret it. I received the same email. DS22 has already been awarded a Presidential Scholarship and as a NMSF (likely NMF) would only qualify for that scholarship. He didn’t apply for any of the other scholarships because
why? I t appears to be a form message that they are still thinking about your kid for scholarships. That’s a good thing.

We received the merit scholarship letter a couple of months ago in the mail. Does it ever show up anywhere in mybama?

That’s pretty awesome. Glad to see a college treating these students like this. So different than most of the ones we’ve dealt with so far.

We are heading down this coming week for a tour. We are signed up, but haven’t heard anything other than the automatic confirmations of times. He picked the general tour, engineering and honors. I hope it’s a great tour. The weather does not look spectacular though. We seem to bring rain when we tour colleges, lol.

Has anyone who applied WITHOUT test scores received any merit scholarships? If so, did you have to do anything to be considered? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Does anyone know who to contact for assistance in accessing their MyBama account? My temporary password doesn’t work and the dedicated admission counselor hasn’t returned my requests for a resent.

During this process, S22 has applied to and been admitted to four schools: Iowa State, Arizona State, Texas A&M, and Bama. Arizona State quickly fell by the wayside with its sudden change in merit scholarships. He has always been “interested” but tepid on Iowa State. A&M fell by the wayside last night. While S22 is a NMSF, and likely NMF, and would get a substantial scholarship at A&M, he was holding out hope for consideration for the Brown Scholarship. I think he was hoping that being part of the Brown program would mitigate against the sheer size of A&M. So, I believe (though he has not said) that is will be Bama. He has always liked Bama. He enjoyed our tour in October. We are going to a Capstone weekend next weekend. I am holding out hope that he is considered for RRSP. This process has been interesting. he did not want to apply to exceedingly competitive schools. Watching the toll it is taking on his peers, it was the right decision.

7 Likes

my kid applied to three of those schools too. question: why not U of arizona?
good luck with RRSP. and: how does your kid know he wants to do research?

S22 was not interested in Arizona. He considered ASU because of Barrett. As an IB student he is used to research and in depth academic studies.

1 Like

S22 got his acceptance yesterday! He applied in the beginning of December and it was a long winter break wait. We plan on visiting soon. He has narrowed it down to UA and one other school. Still waiting on one more coming. We are from the Chicago area and wondering besides flying what other modes of transportation are available between Tuscaloosa and Chicago especially for breaks. Bus? Train? Thanks!