University of Alabama: Crimson Edge

If my acceptance letter says “Crimson EDGE” does that mean I got in?

What exactly does the letter say

“We are please to inform you that your application as a freshman to The University of Alabama has received approval. At this time you have been admitted into the Crimson EDGE (Education Guarantees Excellence) Program.”

@mom2collegekids

Yes, that means you are accepted and will need to participate in the Crimson EDGE program. Here’s some information on the program from the catalog:

Crimson EDGE (Education Guarantees Excellence). This two-semester program helps students manage the transition to a university academic environment. Students in this category are not on probation but are limited to 12-14 credit hours during their first semester and must enroll in an academic support class. A Crimson Edge advisor in each college will help students determine appropriate course selection for the fall and spring semesters.

Congratulations on the acceptance!

Okay yayayayay! Thank you so much, I was a bit confused at first!

My daughters page says, a decision has been made, but doesn’t state what it is. If we go to Freshman page, its says Congratulations you have been accepted. Then, says, Crimson Edge on the side. Any thoughts? want to celebrate, but not sure if it’s official.

Are there new tabs in MyBama? Like Academics?

Yes. We went to Academics Admitted Undergrad Students , then to Submit Freshman Enrollment Deposit.