University of Alabama OOS Financial Aid

Does the University of Alabama give a lot of financial aid to OOS students?

If you have the grades and test scores you can get full tuition scholarship.

As @NoVADad99 wrote, Alabama is VERY generous with OOS merit-based aid. However, you will probably not get much need-based aid as an OOS. Public schools tend to reserve need-based aid for in-state students.

<<<
Unweighted GPA: 3.540

• Class Rank: 106/326
  • ACT: English: 29, Math: 27, Reading: 22, Science: 27, Highest Combined English/Writing or Writing Subject Score: 24, Composite Score: 26
  • Took one old SAT: 480 reading/670 math/630 writing/Total: 1780

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

Your stats aren’t high enough for scholarship awards.

You have other threads asking if OOS publics would give you aid. OOS publics charge high OOS rates because your family does not pay taxes there. It would make little sense to charge high OOS rates and then give need-based aid to help pay. Why bother charging the high OOS rate then???

@mom2collegekids I know that. I just wanted to know if they’re more generous than other public schools.

Ok…the answer is no.

@mom2collegekids Really? There are more oos students that go there. Idk, they probably pay a lot to go there or they’re on full ride scholarships.

UA attracts many full pay OOS students.

^^^^

<<<
Really? There are more oos students that go there. Idk, they probably pay a lot to go there or they’re on full ride scholarships.

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

The OOS students attending Bama are either receiving large or full tuition scholarships…or their parents are paying/borrowing for most or all of the costs.

A lot of the OOS students have high stats (29+on the ACT).

How much can you afford and what’s your major. There may be other schools you can get merit at.

@sensation723 I want to major in accounting and my parents can pay up to 20 grand, but I really don’t want that to happen.

Is that $20K each year or over the 4 years?

@“Bae Sun Kim”

Your stats are not high enough to garner significant merit aid at university of alabama. And the school gives need based aid to residents of Alabama first and foremost.

You need to stop looking at OOS public universities. It is HIGHLY unlikely that your net cost will be low enough for you to attend.

What state do you live in.

He lives in Hawaii. See other threads.

Bring that 29 up to a 30 and you could attend for 9250 a year tuition

What UAH? You might qualify for something there

@Jpgranier so tuition would be $9250? This kid is from Hawaii. He can’t commute. And his travel costs just to get there won’t be a bargain. What would,his FULL cost of attendance be.

Also, if he is a senior NOW, he has about a week to retake that test. Did he sign up to retake the ACT before the deadline?

@mom2collegekids what is the last ACT sitting that 'Bama considers for merit awards?

He could consider University of Alabama Birmingham or Huntsville. I think theynacceot later standardized test submissions for their auto merit awards. @mom2collegekids ??

<<<
ACT: English: 29, Math: 27, Reading: 22, Science: 27, Highest Combined English/Writing or Writing Subject Score: 24, Composite Score: 26

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

@Jpgranier <<bring that=“” 29=“” up=“” to=“” a=“” 30=“” and=“” you=“” could=“” attend=“” for=“” 9250=“” year=“” tuition=“”>>>

He doesn’t have an ACT 29 composite. He has a 26. (And is this a super-scored composite???)

Dec is the last ACT or SAT that Bama will accept and you must use one of the free score sends to Bama.

I know that UAH and Miss State accept later test dates. I don’t know about UAB