University of Arizona Class of 2026

I do not have any special insights on the Aerospace program. I do know that UofA is ranked #33 among US schools for Aerospace Engineering by US News, but that is about all I can add to your question.

What is the benefit of honor program?

Some of the perks:

Honors advisor in addition to regular advisor
Priority registration (register for classes befre most other students)
Honors sections of courses (which tend to be taught by the professors who are more interested in investing in undergraduates)
You can choose to live in the Honors Village (nicest dorms on campus) with other students who are more studious than the campus as a whole.
and I am sure other perks but that gives you a general idea

others may want to chime in.

https://frankehonors.arizona.edu/

Hi All,

Congratulations to those that have been accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Quick question. Do acceptance letters still come in the mail in addition to email or is everything solely done online now?

Thanks in advance!

A letter also comes in the mail.

1 Like

I receive an email with below statement:

“In order to commit to the university and register for New Student Orientation, student must first pay the $450 Enrollment Fee.”

Does this mean that the student will accept admission to UA and attend?

1. You can register for housing ($200 non-refundable deposit) to reserve your place in line, if you think this is a top-3 most likely school your son might actually attend. That is the only thing that is super competitive (similar to some other large state schools).

2. As far as the commitment to attend, you do not need to rush, can wait a few months even. But if he decides on UofA, and you do commit, know that even then it is non-binding and it is refundable through May 15th.

So we finally visited with our D earlier this week. We are OOS, she is admitted with max merit, but was not sure what to expect. Loved our visit with the W. A. Franke Honors College. Super impressive, new facilities and the people were all authentic and friendly. More importantly, the whole vibe was very down to earth which is important to our D. She could see herself fitting in well at UofA. She loved the campus as a whole and college town vibe of University Street. Serious contender, recommend checking it out.

3 Likes

Did you do a scheduled visit or just tour on your own? We are planning to visit from OOS with my daughter in February She’s auto admit to honors college, so very interested to check it out. All our interactions with the school have been great so far. Any recommendations on what to check out during our visit?

We scheduled a visit and individual tour. Also auto admit btw. Seriously considering, very impressed.

Other than that we signed up for main university tour, and in between hung out on and around campus to get an overall feel. The next day we visited Biosphere2 due to daughter’s science interests. And we hiked Tumamoc hill which the university maintains.

Daughter accepted early action to U of AZ with 80k merit scholarship. We do not live in AZ. She heard back in mid Nov.
Stats : 3.95 weighted 3.75 unweighted. Test optional . Lots of EC’s. 3’s on her three AP tests. APUSH, APLang, AP Euro. Language arts gal.
Best of luck to all !!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Congrats on the honors auto admit. Takes some pressure off for sure. My daughter is a science major too and definitely leaning towards UofA. I’m hoping the visit will seal the deal for her :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

About a third of the Honors College students are from College of Science, and another 20% from Engineering, so there is definitely a nice sized STEM community to bond with.

My daughter was admitted to the Honors College. Emails sent at midnight.

OOS
3.98/4.36
Neuroscience/Premed
Lots of EC/AP classes/Competitive dancer
$35,000

Congrats to all!

1 Like

Did her decision also update in the her portal or was it just an email?

I believe she got an email to check her portal. The decision was there.

Still waiting! Has anyone else heard back yet?

Just received the acceptance!!

1 Like

yes, it is really easy to change majors