University of California Chances

Hi, I’m a male who was born on the east coast and currently live in San Diego. I am Kurdish and bilingual. I have a GPA of 4.3 (Overall) taking 10 AP/Honor classes throughout high school. As well as a SAT score of 1220 (530 english & 690 Math) and an SAT Math Level 2 score of 640. I have applied as a civil engineering major. My father attended a four year university and received a B.S. My mother did not attend college. I have over 500 hours of community service and am captain of club/high school soccer teams and have been part of the Olympic development program. What are my chances of getting into

UC Irvine
UC San Diego
UC Berkely
UC Los Angeles

What is your UC GPA? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Post UW UC GPA/Capped weighed UC GPA and Fully Weighted UC GPA. UC’s only use 10-11th grades in their GPA calculation.

SAT I score and SAT 2 Math score are low for all but UCI.

Do you have any safety schools on your list?

Are you being recruited for soccer?

@Gumbymom Currently, have offers from some top academic schools (mostly east coast) however my main preference is to just stay in San Diego and attend UCSD. I have applied to SDSU. My personal statement consisted of three major topics: soccer, leadership/strength, and how I dealt with a family member fighting a life-threatening disease.

Unweighted GPA: 3.96
Weighted GPA: 4.29
Weighted and Capped GPA: 4.29

So has UCSD given you an offer? If so, then of course you have a good chance for UCSD as a recruited athlete.

If not, then I would say your GPA is on target for UCI along with SAT so probably a Match

Your GPA is within range for UCSD/UCLA/UCB but your SAT is on the low side especially for Engineering so getting in based on academics only, I would say UCSD is a Low Reach and UCLA/UCB are Reaches.

Good Luck and SDSU is a very good backup/safety school.

@Gumbymom thanks. I really regret my English sat score, it’s crazy how something little kills ones chances of getting in. By the way If I have an sat subject test score from December that I put on my application prior to test day, should I contact my admissions counselor and give them a note that I sent my score to the university?

Did you list that you will be taking it in December? If so, they will be expecting it.

Are you trying to get recruited for soccer anywhere?

@takeitallin I really just want to focus on school